Downgrading 17" to 16"

aha

My car is at 22K with stock Toyos - I have a weird feelings that I'd be happier with 16" wheels & tires since my goal is comfort. Am I just getting old ? (smoke)

No, the stock toyos really are just that bad.

I was worried when I swapped from the stock 16" toyos to 17" Michelin pilot super sports. Conventional wisdom says that going from a high profile all season tire, to a lower profile high performance tire would result in a worse ride. But in reality the ride was SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Im in the bay area if you want to swap for the 16"s...rims/tires (also factory toyos) have 24,xxx miles on them lol

For all you 17" Toyo drivers out there, switching to Yoko Avid Envigors made a night and day difference in the car in terms of ride quality and quietness.

Thank you for responding guys. When did you ditch your Toyos? I believe I can wait 'till another 10K miles but I really can't stand them. DTD currently has specials on many tires including double rebates....really tempting.
Chad99 - Thanks for the offer, it looks like I will try swapping tires for now.

I got 30K out of my toyos, with plenty of tread still left.

I went with 18 MS3 wheels on Hankook Ventus

I ditched mine at 2800 miles. they're in a corner of my garage, waiting to be useful someday when we take a long road trip and I don't want to put 2000 miles on my "nice" tires, or when I stock out and sell the van in a few years.

(headbang) Thank you - I won't feel bad getting rid of mine at 22K anymore :)

I ditched mine at 2800 miles. they're in a corner of my garage, waiting to be useful someday when we take a long road trip and I don't want to put 2000 miles on my "nice" tires, or when I stock out and sell the van in a few years.

Back