Need to get fenders rolled

:
2002.5 Mazdaspeed Protege5
Need someones help to roll fender locally

Just got some Capitol Sport 215/40's put onto some 17x8.25 xxr 527. The tires are stretched a little and they still rub up on the rear fenders. On My first drive, every single bump or weight transfer would cause the tire to rub. I cannot drive like this cause the tires are gonna be eaten up. The front is perfect. Im located in Homestead Florida and looking for someone that could help me out that has a fender roller. Ill drive to you as long as its not that far. Name your price.

What it looks like on the car

21l9b1u.jpg

Last edited:
My mp3 with stock wheels rubbed here and there 215-45-17 tires with +50mm offset

Part of the problem is how wide your rims are. "Stance" cars are going to have rubbing issues. You can roll the fenders all you want it'll still rub here and there just not as bad

Ya I get you. That was the most positive offset XXR made so those are the ones I got. My car isn't really stanced. Its just lowered about an inch and a half or maybe two. I want to roll them or even pull them a little so they don't rub as bad or even at all.

What kind of springs do you have? just curious.

What about camber for a temporary fix?

I have lowering springs. I don't remember who manufactures them cause my dad ordered them. I them cut a coil or two on all four to lower it even more. It looked nice with the stock wheels cause the fender was sitting just on top of the wheel. I haven't really thought about adding camber. How would I do that ?

I couldn't afford coilovers and I didn't like the way the car was sitting. When I bought the car, the rears had springs from coilovers but normal shocks. If I could find shocks for those springs then I would go that route. Why would I ghetto roll. That could mess up the fender if I did it wrong. I would rather do it right the first time.

Well I found someone that would help me.

Are you referring to a coil sleeve? You can get them on eBay for like $80. Not sure why you would need the coil overs considering your stock struts are gonna be blown soon with what you have now

Ghetto rolling won't mess up fenders unless you're mildly retarded. We did it with a jack handle on my celica and it's fine

Are you referring to a coil sleeve?

No im not, the ones that came with the car had the coilover spring and the sleeve with the stock strut.

Not sure why you would need the coil overs considering your stock struts are gonna be blown soon with what you have now

Well im sorry that Im not made of money and can go out and pay $300+ on coilovers. I just finished highschool and started college in the summer and have to pay for that.

Did they look like this?

I didn't say anything about buying them. I said that as low as you are it's going to blow the stock struts as they're not meant for it.

These are coil sleeves. They slide over your stock or aftermarket struts and replace stock springs

Well then I just need better aftermarket struts that could handle the kind of height i'm looking for. Any suggestions for the future when my stock struts go?

Well then I just need better aftermarket struts that could handle the kind of height i'm looking for. Any suggestions for the future when my stock struts go?

If you plan on keeping it go with tokicos they're pricey but worth for performance and lifetime warranty

Back