I just installed a Beck Arnley Knock Sensor and and Oil sending unit!

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I just installed a Beck Arnley Knock Sensor and an Oil sending Unit because my Knock Sensor was leaking and the results are truely amazing! My Car doesnt have any minor Tremors anymore. It was a real minor Tremor but nothing major its all gone now! Oh yeah!

I just installed a Beck Arnley Knock Sensor and an Oil sending Unit because my Knock Sensor was leaking and the results are truely amazing! My Car doesnt have any minor Tremors anymore. It was a real minor Tremor but nothing major its all gone now! Oh yeah!

cool! i think i'm going to replace mine this weekend. how difficult was removing the old one?

cool! i think i'm going to replace mine this weekend. how difficult was removing the old one?

It was a little bit difficult Once the car was up on the lift you should cut the Wire off of the Knock Sensor and then spray the Knock sensor with Rustoleum spray to help loosen up the rust a bit. Then let it sit a couple of minutes and wait for the Rustoleum spray to settle in then you need to find the right size wrench i think it was a 15/16 Wrench it was a pretty big size or just use a 24MM And loosen it up a bit. Oh and as far as connecting the Plug. To make it easier i tied a Wire to the Old Knock Sensor plug from the top of the car underneath the hood and just pulled it don underneath the car and then i untied it and tied the new Wire onto the new Knock sensor Plug Wire and pulled it up from up top so i would scrape my Knuckles an spend hours trying to fish it threw. It save me Hours doing that. Oh and for the Oil sending Unit It was aggravating because you cant use a Socket so i had to use a wrench and Slowly turn it for about 15 to 20 minutes until it finally came off and Whala it was done right after i installed the new one.! Anti Seize helps too

back of the block near the oil filter

Yeah its underneath the car on the Back of the Block right next to the Oil filter but its hard to get to with that Intake Manifold Bracket in the way but i did it with out removing the Intake Manifold Bracket thank God im done! Pheeeeeeeew!

Back