Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: pmartz16's new (to me) 1992 brilliant black miata

Evan aka "Lady Hands" Lewis7789's Avatar
    Donated: $10

1995 MX-5, 2006 MZ5, 2001 Yamaha R1

Exedy is the OE supplier for a lot of companies, homie.

08.5 BM MS3, 14 MG Mazda3

learn something new every day

Exedy used to make the OE clutches for the Protege's. Like Luk makes the OE clutches for the MS6/MS3. Takata makes OE seat belts, etc.

Again, high five on all the progress, buddy! Looking forward to seeing her at a Menchies meet or auto-x soon!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Classic Red 1991 Miata, Magnetic Gray Metallic 2014 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis7789 View Post
    Exedy is the OE supplier for a lot of companies, homie.
    Yep just like Enkei is the supplier of a lot of OE wheels.

Going to finish up a timing job tonight then hope to get the timing belt done on the miata. Have to figure out a way to tq the exhaust cam sprocket without the cam moving. The directions are pretty vague online. I think I'm.going to have to order the timing tools from flyin miata
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Peaches Motor Sports princess peach's Avatar

'92 Miata, '06 MS6

I have the FM tools, you can borrow them. Or, you can do this

NA build\maintenance

"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by eprx799 View Post
    Are we talking actual dick or theoretical dick ? Because it would be easier just to whip it out thantalk about it all the time wouldn't it?

I tried to do that but for some reason my wrenches don't want to stay and they slip off when I try to tq down the exhaust cam sprocket because I replaced those oil seals. But yes I would love to borrow them!

But dat wrap job doh...

le bump for more progress pics because I know it's on the verge of firing up now.

Yes she is about to start up. I am having some issues with her starting up though. She will just turn over and over and over and never actually fire. I am not getting spark but I have been told that bad gas can do that. So I am going to drain the little less than 1/4 of a tank that has been in there since it blew and replacing it with some Sunoco 93. Hoping that does it and she fires up. As she turns over though she sounds pretty healthy.
    But some engine bay pictures as she is all together. I did get a new top, an aftermarket unknown brand header (pictured above) and a new head unit for 150.

2007 mazdaspeed 3 GT

My 2007 MS3
    Manley H- Beams, Manley 88mm pistons, PTE 5862, lots of meth, other cool things, tuned by Realgib3

74 Schwinn Varsity, 75 Camaro (Project), 04 6 Wagon

fuel pump screen or filter might be clogged from the bad gas
    pelotonia.org -------> Donate to cancer research, the life you save might be your own.

Something witty goes here.

I have fuel at the fuel rail. At this point I think it is a wiring issue. I am going to follow all the wiring harnesses and make sure everything is okay. The car did catch on fire so maybe something got messed up. I'm not sure I just want it fixed haha.

Okay so I was told to throw up the details of my issues here also to see if someone here may have a solution.
    So motor is in, new battery (been on tender), new plugs, and new premium fuel in take after draining old fuel out. The car will turn over strong and sounds like it should fire but I don't have any spark. I have power at the ECU so I replaced the Main 80A fuse in the engine bay to see if thats what it is. its not. All the grounds are good, after I fixed the one under the car on the frame rail thing next to the drive shaft. All the plugs have a home, correct home also.
    But there are two lights that come on the dash. The charge battery light and the brake light come on. Once you put down the parking brake the brake light goes away and then just the battery charge light stays on. But they go back and forth on which light wants to be on. The check engine light never comes on the dash when I turn the key like it should. Could be burnt out but not sure. I think I am going to try and sway out the ECU with a known good one to see if that works. I have changed out the coilpack with a known good one and nothing changed. Does it matter where the CAS is tightened to on the back of the intake cam? could that be my issue? Need to mess with it like a DSM?

Yeah, I thought that might be a key to your issue is that parking brake light is always on even with the key not in the accessory position. I wonder if there is a short in the wiring that isn't letting the motor get a spark as a default safety precaution.

Yea could be. I'm going to check the wiring under the car tonight.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast