13 bose getting worse with my mp3's

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech
so since the beginning i've had problems where my unit wont skip back to previously played tracks, yet the files play fine on over half a dozen different devices (including my wifes 14 outlander)

well as time went on the play back got worse
it would start many songs a couple seconds in from the start instead of at the very beginning (in fact there would be silence for that time then music would play and timer would start moving from 00:00, even though radio starts playing several seconds into it)

it got continually worse, starting farther and farther into most songs until the other day i noticed i kept hearing the same songs on 'random all folders' far to frequently for a drive containing 4 some odd gig of music
browse some of the folders and they're obviously missing a huge portion of songs that were there...

plug usb drive into computer and there's tons of gibberish named files and folders(all manner of bizarre ascii characters and symbols) on it that werent there before(looks like it corrupted my music somehow, wish i'd thought to screen cap the directory listing)...

so i'm reformatting the drive and reloading all my music on it, i'd b**** to mazda but its patently obvious they dont care since i complained about the no skip back feature before and they never acknowledged it after the initial reply, maybe the new local dealer will be more helpful when i go in for 35k service...

so i'm reformatting the drive and reloading all my music on it, i'd b**** to mazda but its patently obvious they dont care since i complained about the no skip back feature before and they never acknowledged it after the initial reply, maybe the new local dealer will be more helpful when i go in for 35k service...

It sounds like maybe a cheap USB drive.

I wouldn't assume the car corrupted it unless it did the same thing on another USB drive created on a different computer.

not a cheap drive, low profile lexar 16g, the drive shouldn't have corrupted the file types/names on its own,

the player hasn't played them properly since day one (including when i used a different usb drive to test it for mazda)

Back