questions about tweeters

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
what size after market tweeters will fit in the factory spot on the p5? one of mine is blown and i want to replace them, just need to know a size so i can find a pair.

1/2" is stock, but one inch will fit with very minor mods.

I had Boston Accoustic 1" in mine. Sounded dramatically better than OEM ;)

what minor mods? i am thinking about 1" alpine type s tweeters to match my type s speakers in all the doors. i like the alpine sound. i even have a type r alpine 12" sub at 1000watt power i am kind of an audiophile and my preferred brands are alpine and rockford fosgate , they just sound the best and have a great value from my experience.

I'm running the Alpine Type-S 6.5" components & the tweeters fit perfectly in the stock sails after you remove the Alpine tweeter housing, they even clip securely in the OEM mounts.

will these pioneers fit? model number TS-T110

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-40-w-tweeter/8760575.p?id=1202650466035&skuId=8760575&st=categoryid$pcmcat223000050006&cp=1&lp=1

The mod (for me) was to break the tabs that held the stock tweeter on the sail panel and glued the bigger 1" tweeter in.

will these pioneers fit? model number TS-T110

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-40-w-tweeter/8760575.p?id=1202650466035&skuId=8760575&st=categoryid$pcmcat223000050006&cp=1&lp=1

Hey buddy you will be fine running those, I have them in my P5. All Alpine system as well I'll post it below
I got them in with no problems or modification really it was pretty easy just snap out the triangular cover piece and wire them in

System:
(2x) Alpine SWR-12D2 12" Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer (Type-R)
Atrend 12" Dual Vented Alpine Specific Enclosure
Alpine MRX-M100 Mono Block 1000w amp
Alpine CDE-W235BT Double-Din Head Unit
Alpine KTP-445U "Power Pack"
Alpine SPS-517 5"x7" Front doors (Type-S)
Alpine SPS-610 6.5" Back doors (Type-S)
Alpine SPS-110TW 1" Tweeter (Type-S)

Hey buddy you will be fine running those, I have them in my P5. All Alpine system as well I'll post it below
I got them in with no problems or modification really it was pretty easy just snap out the triangular cover piece and wire them in

System:
(2x) Alpine SWR-12D2 12" Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer (Type-R)
Atrend 12" Dual Vented Alpine Specific Enclosure
Alpine MRX-M100 Mono Block 1000w amp
Alpine CDE-W235BT Double-Din Head Unit
Alpine KTP-445U "Power Pack"
Alpine SPS-517 5"x7" Front doors (Type-S)
Alpine SPS-610 6.5" Back doors (Type-S)
Alpine SPS-110TW 1" Tweeter (Type-S)
cool system i am running alpine type s speakers all around and a type x 12"sub in a ported custom built box with a kenwood headunit and planet audio 1000 watt amp beats hard especially for a single 12 i listen to rock and metal about 99% of the time, so 1 sub is all i need, u se to listen 2 rap and stuff like that more but cant stand that anymore so i cut down on the # of subs i have and went with a high powered single sub system to make it loud but clear for the faster paced rock/metal i listen to

Last edited:
My 2002 didn't come with the sail tweeters, so I'm grabbing a pair from the marketplace here. Probly gonna throw in Alpine tweets too since I've got a CDA-105 deck and SPS-517's also.

Any thoughts on adding an attenuator to the tweeters to block out the low freqs though? I've only bought comps before, never just ADDED t's before.

TKS!

Depends.

Yes, you MUST block low frequencies. Does your amp have a high-pass filter?
Are you using an active crossover?

If no to the above - go to Partsexpress.com and get 'bass blockers' to wire in.

Depends.

Yes, you MUST block low frequencies. Does your amp have a high-pass filter?
Are you using an active crossover?

If no to the above - go to Partsexpress.com and get 'bass blockers' to wire in.

EDIT:

Nevermind...looking for components now too for the fronts. Hoping the tweeters on the Kicker & JL 6"x8" components will fit the sail though!

Last edited:
Back