mazda 5 d sport power loss desperate for help pretty please

scottydot80

:
mazda 5 sport
hi peeps sorry if this is in the wrong section.

need some help if poss please peeps. i have a mazda sport diesel 2.0, i have no warning lights on the dash at all nothing not even a blink but i have monumental power loss? looked at the air filter it was thick with s**** and dirt replaced it and for some reason i knew it wouldnt solve the problem but needed doin anyways.

when driving the car theres no power if i feather the throttle slightly power rises like an n/a engine but if i put the throttle even half way down nothing just bogs down? i also get fumes in the cabin after a few mins of stationary with the engine runing, ive checked the induction system all seems well check in and out boost pipes as best as possiblecant see or feel anything although one of the boost pipes feel really soft whilst the other is quite firm. engine runs sweet as a nut, idles fine no miss fires at all no white smoke drives really smooth just no power?? im also getting piss poor mpg around low 30`s. really sorry for the university level essay guys. :)

I'm probably not the best person to be answering this since I have no experience driving diesel cars. However, I did drive diesel trucks back in my military days. Occasionally the truck would exhibit the symptoms you described - give it gas, it revs up, but get barely any speed. When that happened I would change the fuel filter and that always solved the issue. I would replace the fuel filter if you haven't already done so and see if that helps.

I'm probably not the best person to be answering this since I have no experience driving diesel cars. However, I did drive diesel trucks back in my military days. Occasionally the truck would exhibit the symptoms you described - give it gas, it revs up, but get barely any speed. When that happened I would change the fuel filter and that always solved the issue. I would replace the fuel filter if you haven't already done so and see if that helps.

thanks bro gotta be worth a shout, although i have a bad feeling it could be a cracked mani or coming lose as the diesel smell in the cabin?

need some help if poss please peeps. i have a mazda sport diesel 2.0, i have no warning lights on the dash at all nothing not even a blink but i have monumental power loss? looked at the air filter it was thick with s**** and dirt replaced it and for some reason i knew it wouldnt solve the problem but needed doin anyways.

when driving the car theres no power if i feather the throttle slightly power rises like an n/a engine but if i put the throttle even half way down nothing just bogs down? i also get fumes in the cabin after a few mins of stationary with the engine runing, ive checked the induction system all seems well check in and out boost pipes as best as possiblecant see or feel anything although one of the boost pipes feel really soft whilst the other is quite firm. engine runs sweet as a nut, idles fine no miss fires at all no white smoke drives really smooth just no power?? im also getting piss poor mpg around low 30`s. really sorry for the university level essay guys. :)

Sounds like it could be the DPF. The Mazda 2.0D is infamous for it.

You are probably in limp mode. Get it to a dealer or adecent indie asap.

Hu Scotty, did you found the solution for the problem? I'm experiencing exactly the same, I even removed DPF so is not related with it.

Thanks,

check 2 vacuum hoses that fit onto top of air filter housing. I had same huge power loss, these 2 simply fell off.

I also had a split intercooler that was giving a boost leak afterwards that eventually popped open believe it of now. once i replaces the intercooler o pressurised the intake system using this cool little contraption - a bit of boost hose with som turnt nylon to fit the end with a schrader valve so it can be pumped from digital tyre inflator. i pumped up to around 6 PSI, listened for any hissing (couldnt hear any) and watched the digital gauge for about a minute to see if it went down which it didnt.

PS i had also removed the DPF too and
mapped it out myself.

Attachments

• A11862B8-393F-4257-893E-DC3AACFB638D.jpg
    A11862B8-393F-4257-893E-DC3AACFB638D.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 584
  • F1CD9658-C043-489E-8337-8124E4CADC2D.jpeg
    F1CD9658-C043-489E-8337-8124E4CADC2D.jpeg
    687.6 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Back