Mazdaspeed Protege Headlight Assembly Install

dancore1991

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Just ordered new headlights for the speed. been looking for a how-to on installing them. Im installing the entire headlight not just the bulb, thanks

hey man, you have to take the bumper off to get to the 3 bolts that hold the headlight on. once you get the bumper off, its pretty self explanatory. theres a bumper bracket right in front of each headlight that needs to be removed too. i dont have pictures or instructions of how to remove the bumper but found this for you: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...mper-Removal&p=4237575&viewfull=1#post4237575

here are pics of my car with the front bumper off. this may or may not apply to you but there's a piece on the outer part of the OEM headlight where i had to swap over to the new headlight. if i remember correctly, it was for a bracket to hold the front bumper to hook/mount onto. gluck!

IMG_7192-X2.jpg

IMG_7193-X2.jpg

Nice upgrade those kind of look like mine I actually want to get rid of my MSP headlights there brand new but i want to trade them for MP5 headlights any takers let me know

Thanks 323 I think that will actually help. I haven't been 100% sure if I needed to take the whole bumper off but the pics definitely help. I love this site haha. After 11 years my headlights finally need replacing. I'll post some pics

Sorry to thread jack, but what wheels do you have 323? I like those...

konig countersteer 17x7 +40. dont think they make them anymore so you'll be looking at the rota grids 17x7.5 +45 and they cost a little more

FINALLY got the headlights installed. The bumper was cake to remove, easy as pie after that for sure.
looks SO MUCH BETTER.
attachment.php

Back