Install Aluminum Pedals

My eBay pedal set
e2y3ape3.jpg
dape7e9a.jpg

Just in case someone is tempting: they're sturdy aluminum, includes good ss bolts and nuts plus some self drilling bolts for dead pedal.

You will have to drill the brake pedal for bolt spacing or:

like me if you don't mind to have the brake pedal 1/2" higher than before...

You can just remove rubber pedal cover drill and bolt aluminum pedal to the rubber piece

Fight your way into putting back the rubber pedal W/ alu pedal attached.

For drilling:
Mark, align and realign pedal on top of rubber cover
Drill small guide holes ONLY to rubber cover at this time.
Install pedal and c if its align again
If perfect, drill markings from pedal-rubber cover-metal plate
Remove pedal and rubber cover
Patiently drill brake plate
Revise alignment
If perfect bolt it up.

Make sure you secured and over lapped all sides of rubber pedal around the pedal plate and test it heavily before your first drive.

Another tip:

Remove gas pedal. It is easy

You will c 2 plastic covers

Beneath those are nuts or bolts that secure pedal

Remove electronic gas pedal sensor clip

Now pedal is free

Use a small drill bit to drive bolts

Trick your way to hold nut in place while tightening bolt
*used small/thin but long pliers

Total time spent was 25 mins
Drilling brake pedal add 15-20mins.

Last edited:
Shipped price at eBay = $18.50
Lowest found now is $21.50,
So anything under or near $20 is ok. Dealer price it at $200 (I've been told)

Item arrived in 4-6 week days

Touch! I went ahead and took the rubber brake pedal off and drilled into the thick, heavy gauge brake pedal.
ytyguta3.jpg

Crap Harbor Freight "titanium" drill bits. I didn't want to use my good bits so I used the HF for the first time and it snapped in two
7etydamu.jpg

I knew I was going to have to decide what to do about the dead pedal since I have Weathertech floor liners. For now, I just tapped the screws through the liner. Since it's there to simply have your left foot a place to rest, there is no safety issue with it bolted this way. It doesn't move around at all, though. Thanks for your tips, they did help!
ymaru6ub.jpg

Last edited:
It looks nice.
This way, you can't remove the mat, right?

(drinks) Sure, I can remove the mat/ floor liner, just unscrew two bottom Phillip head screws. I may try double sided tape between the dead pedal and mat if it becomes too cumbersome.

An addition: the aluminum pedals are bigger than pictures suggest. They feel more solid too.

Last edited:
I have got them for around $18, from aliexpress.
There is is a "missing steel portion" on the brake pedal. I have cut out a piece of rubber from the original rubber piece and put it there, before I have screwed on the aluminum pedal.
Otherwise, the rubber nipples would sink in there, if they don't have a back support.

Yes I know. But maybe mines are heavily glued. I am going to check that out and add some rubber to even the surface cause it will happen at some time.

Thanx brother.

Back