Best Shift Knob

ProtoPower13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone,

So I'm running a 5-spd MP5 with a B&M short shifter and I was just wondering if anyone else was running this set up and what they were running for a shift knob. I'm currently using the MSP knob but I'm looking for something different.

I run WC Lathe Werks in all of my vehicles. You can customize some of the designs on the website, or get a fully custom shift knob made. A little spendy, but I wouldn't use anything else.

FYI the mazda3 shift knob fits the protege5 I believe.

I run WC Lathe Werks in all of my vehicles. You can customize some of the designs on the website, or get a fully custom shift knob made. A little spendy, but I wouldn't use anything else.

FYI the mazda3 shift knob fits the protege5 I believe.

Okay thanks man, I'll be sure to check into them. I'm just looking for something that's a little deeper then stock so it would sit down flush like the MSP knob does but isn't the MSP knob obviously

Okay thanks man, I'll be sure to check into them. I'm just looking for something that's a little deeper then stock so it would sit down flush like the MSP knob does but isn't the MSP knob obviously

I'll buy your Msp shift knob when your ready to sell.

Momo shift knob is nice. It is universal, so it doesn't thread on. The provide a plastic cap to cover the shift arm top. There are allen screws to hold it in place.

Mines not std but I have a Lexus is300 shift knob on my sport shifter, it looks good. Ill to post a pic later

I am running a Momo Anatomico Short. It's not weighted so might be a bit notchier but it fits my hand very nicely.

I ran the MSP knob for a while on my TWM short throw...

I recently got the White Spooky "Hybrid" Knob from TWM
Let me tell you, best knob I've ever used.
It is a pool-ball sized circle.
But what sold me was its special material that doesn't get cold as tits in the winter or hot as balls in the summer.
I live in New England so our weather is quite unpredictable... No more baby socks over my shift knob all summer long or frozen hands in the winter! :)

I ran the MSP knob for a while on my TWM short throw...

I recently got the White Spooky "Hybrid" Knob from TWM
Let me tell you, best knob I've ever used.
It is a pool-ball sized circle.
But what sold me was its special material that doesn't get cold as tits in the winter or hot as balls in the summer.
I live in New England so our weather is quite unpredictable... No more baby socks over my shift knob all summer long or frozen hands in the winter! :)

It's probably delrin or copolymer. That's what mine is made out of. It's great to not have to worry about burning a shift pattern into your hand in the summer.

Currently using a Monster Knob in black: http://www.monsterknobs.com/

Will be getting a leather AutoExe soon...

EXE40212262A01.jpg

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great inputs, I'm really looking for something that isn't cheap but won't break the bank either but yet will sit down as far as the MSP shift knob so I don't have to fuss with the shift boot shifting all over the place. I know that sounds pretty weird but I'm pretty picky when it comes to my baby. As for selling the shift knob, I'm not quite sure yet on whether or not I will sell it. If I do, I will let everyone who is interested on this post know first so y'all can have first dibs. (2thumbs)

Back