windscreen washer fluid warning light

dad of jon

:
cx-5 se-l 2.2D
Hi all,

I ran out of windscreen washer fluid recently. no warning light came on. I read the manual and there should be a warning light when the washer fluid level is low. But I may only have had a 'man' sized read of the manual and maybe the uk cx-5s dont have this feature enabled.

can you let me know if you've actually had this warning light come on and if so what country is your cx-5 from?

cheers!

I had it come one a couple of times, but its kind of useless, since by the time its on, there's only a few squirts left... so not much of a warning.

I understand that is not as important as say a gas warning light, because we are supposed to have a backup refill in the trunk (specially in winter here where 95% of all the windshield washer I use all year).

But still, it should warn much before it runs out, enough to go get more.

I've never had a windshield washer fluid low warning light come on. Do US models even have such complexity?

I just fill my fluid up every fall and have never run out.

I would rather have a headlight bulb sensor that could tell when the lamp was about to expire!

How 'bout a road grime sensor that could tell you when it was nearing time for a wash and wax?

I've never had a windshield washer fluid low warning light come on. Do US models even have such complexity?

How 'bout a road grime sensor that could tell you when it was nearing time for a wash and wax?

Mine (2015) came on right as the last few ounces came out of the sprayers, not a lot of warning, more like a "you just ran out of washer fluid" message...

I put in over a gallon of water into the tank, I kept looking under the car to see where all the fluid was going...

I've owned a few cars where the grime sensor would have been helpful. It's not needed with the Soul Red...

I just fill my fluid up every fall and have never run out.

I would rather have a headlight bulb sensor that could tell when the lamp was about to expire!

Mine came on the first drive home as the dealer forgot to fill the reservoir during prep.

Ran my first tank of screenwash fluid dry without warning. Checked the manual and couldn't find reference to a warning light so not at all sure that UK cars have one. Bit of a silly omission really.

Ran my first tank of screenwash fluid dry without warning. Checked the manual and couldn't find reference to a warning light so not at all sure that UK cars have one. Bit of a silly omission really.

There is no warning light for low oil level either.

Some things need to be checked manually.

Latest posts

Back