2002 Protege Front Rotor Replacement - Stuck!!!

staspmr

:
02 Protege ES
I am trying to replace the front rotor on my 2002 protege. I took the wheel off, took the caliper assembly off. From my understanding the rotor should come off. Nope. Here's what I tried
- banging it off
- heating, then banging it off
- gear puller. This tore a piece out of the rotor. Tried it again, took another chunk out of it. Now it's very much destroyed.

Either it's stuck on there real good, or I'm a complete idiot and there's some pin I'm supposed to take out.

Any suggestions?

There appears to be a small threaded hole to facilitate the removal of the rotor. Anyone know the size? Looks like could be an m6 or so.
Also, how are the wheel nuts secured? I thought they were part of the hub assembly on which the rotor sits, but they appear to be actual bolts with the flat head on the inner side of the car. How are they secured? They can't just be fitted through a hole, otherwise they would turn when the nuts are secured. Must be some square seat? How to get these out?

Next ideas are to get PB Blaster, get a 1/2x3 bolt and nut fitted through the hole on which the calipers are mounted and push from the inside. Given the amount of force I was able to generate with the gear puller, not sure if this will be any better.

My Protege is a 2000. In 2007 , I had to remove mine and they were stuck just like yours. I had to replace mine because my wife warped them since she is hard on the brakes so beating mine was no problem since the damage would not matter. I had to use a regular hammer and beat the crap out of them. So hard that I was worried it would mess up my alignment. Afterwards , when I put on the new rotors , I coated the area on the new rotors and the hub with anti-seize grease really thick. It worked and about 5 years later I was able to remove them easily. So just beat some more really hard .

Back