Disable Hill Start Assist

mike1087

:
20147 Mazda CX-5 Sport 6MT
Hey everyone, first I am new to Mazda's and we just got my wife a 2014 CX-5 6MT. We both love it except for the hill start assist (and the lack of color options!). Im not finding much info on disabling it but would love to get rid of it.

Any help would be great.

thanks
mike

no real benefits other than having the feeling of a MT vehicle, feels like an auto when it engages...I could see it being beneficial for towing purposes but we will not ever use this vehicle to tow

End of day my wife does not feel comfortable when it engages, so just looking into ways to make her more comfortable

Thanks

I have never driven a manual transmission with this feature, so I would not know how It feels, but I'm sure its more a matter of just getting used to it rather than disabling it.

But this could be the only way to "bypass" it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-D4t0KF0yE

This feature works only for 2 seconds after releasing the brakes, so in theory, waiting more than 2 seconds to engage the clutch should result in a "old school" type gear engage.

But to me, this waiting trick will be even more of a getting used to way of driving than just living with the feature.

Does it activate or feel like it does even when not in a slope?

Thanks for this, seems like something she will just have to get use to. I agree that the waiting 2 seconds will be an even bigger pain to get use to.

i used to have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler and they had this feature and there was a way i disable it. Thats the only reason I thought there could be a way for the cx5.

It activates only on slopes, all other driving is normal.

Thanks again for the quick replies

I reached out to my buddy at the dealer and he is looking into it....Figured in the mean time i would ask around to see if anyone else had thoughts about it.

The dealer will most likely not disable it. They will claim safety, and/or warranty-voiding or something.

this is what i figure as well. we will see what happens, he works in the service department so maybe he will just get done for me on the side

this is what i figure as well. we will see what happens, he works in the service department so maybe he will just get done for me on the side

Yes, and that's only in the unlikely event that he could even figure out how to do so.

I didn't like this feature at first, but it became natural after a little while. A friend who was learning to drive manual in my car found it providing a sense of safety.

Back