Does the lower part of the air filter housing have a part number?

:
Protege5 2003
My daughter's much abused P5 is back in LA for a while, so I want to clean it up a bit before it heads out again. One of the first things I noticed is that all the mounting points for the lower part of the air filter housing are broken off. (There are 2 at the back and 1 at the bottom, they should be "O's" but they are just truncated "C's" - without enough left to mount to.) I don't know the correct names for the parts of the stock intake, but the first part sits over the radiator, this ends in a sort of upside down snorkel, which the air cleaner box plugs into. Well the air cleaner is stuck (for now) into the snorkel, and the other end is attached to the "bellows" part of the air intake, but other than that, it is just floating there. Everything in front of the filter housing is intact, as is the lid, as is everything after it. All the little rubber bits and bolts seem to be where they should be. So I just need the bottom part.

Does Mazda sell just that part? It looks like they sell the whole "air cleaner assembly" Like here (if the link works)

http://onlinemazdaparts.com/parts/2...cleid=138154&diagram=5416760&diagramCallOut=1

They also seem to sell every other part of the whole assembly separately - the lid, the bolts, the little rubber bits. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Back