Finally! my Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amplifier Integration into Bose Audio How To

What is your media source?

It is noticeable on Aux, BT, or AM/FM. Less so on CD and USB/iPod. CenterPoint helps as it EQ's the speakers heavily and individually to masked the harshness.

What is your media source?

It is noticeable on Aux, BT, or AM/FM. Less so on CD and USB/iPod. CenterPoint helps as it EQ's the speakers heavily and individually to masked the harshness.

I mainly use my iPhone via Bluetooth. No harshness, sounds clear to me.

I have a 2016 CX-5 grand touring with Bose system. I tried tapping into the brown and green w white stripe wires for my loc but they must have changed the color coding on the wires for 2016. I have a brown wire but with a white stripe and I do have a green with white stripe on the top third plug. I tapped into those wires but all I get is a electronic pulsating noise thru my subwoofer. I took the door panel off and tapped into the door speaker plug ( just for testing ) and the subwoofer worked. Anybody know which wires I need to tap into on the third plug of the Bose amp on a 2016 CX-5 ?

I have a 2016 CX-5 grand touring with Bose system. I tried tapping into the brown and green w white stripe wires for my loc but they must have changed the color coding on the wires for 2016. I have a brown wire but with a white stripe and I do have a green with white stripe on the top third plug. I tapped into those wires but all I get is a electronic pulsating noise thru my subwoofer. I took the door panel off and tapped into the door speaker plug ( just for testing ) and the subwoofer worked. Anybody know which wires I need to tap into on the third plug of the Bose amp on a 2016 CX-5 ?
You've found out the hard way - yeah, apparently the pin-outs on 2016 Bose head unit is different from 2015 and prior. I saw people tapped signals from amp under the front passenger seat to either rear or front speakers for subwoofer. Check out these excellent threads with wiring diagrams for 2016 Bose system upgrade:

2016 CX5 Audio upgrade thread
Amp install on 2016 GT with Bose.
Question regarding 2016 Bose amp pin out

Elaineemily, check out the "2016 audio upgrade thread" for 2016-specific wiring diagrams that someone posted up. There are some on the first page and then some more on the 3rd/4th page

Do tell....

equipment: capacitor, LC2I(high low converter, it needs 12v power and ground), Amp and two subs.
1. run the power wire from the battery to connect capacitor ground to the trunk.
2. run power from the capacitor to power L2CI ground to the trunk(same point as the cap).
3. run power from capacitor to amp, ground same point as the cap.
4. tap into Sub wires in the back, connect LC2I. Run RCA wire to the amp.
5. LC2I has remote output to turn on everything and run that wire to the amp.(Done)
6. final: wire clean up.......

equipment: capacitor, LC2I(high low converter, it needs 12v power and ground), Amp and two subs.
1. run the power wire from the battery to connect capacitor ground to the trunk.
2. run power from the capacitor to power L2CI ground to the trunk(same point as the cap).
3. run power from capacitor to amp, ground same point as the cap.
4. tap into Sub wires in the back, connect LC2I. Run RCA wire to the amp.
5. LC2I has remote output to turn on everything and run that wire to the amp.(Done)
6. final: wire clean up.......

Why install a cap? Most audio enthusiasts agree that's it just a "mask" for electrical issues.

Did a quick google search and this provides a quick answer:
https://gear4wheels.com/car-audio-capacitor-good-bad/

Back