mazdaspeed3 front seat swap

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
does anyone know if this swap is doable? from what i've read you can swap out the seats in the mazda3 with minor adjustments to the rails. since the cx-5 and 3 are similar platforms I figured its doable as well

Just about any seat roughly the same size will fit. Slider modification at the least. I don't know if the passenger side weight/airbag sensor would be the same. Simply unplugging will trip an airbag light, likely

The CX-5 and the 3rd gen Mazda3 are similar platforms. Perhaps you'll have better luck with the new MZ3 or MZ6, which BOTH have better seats than the CX-5.

My last car was a civic si sedan and I loved the seats and was grabbed by them. In the cx5 I feel like every time I make a turn im sliding off the seat.

The side torso bolsters and back I don't mind. The seat bottom is too short and unsupported in my opinion. I pin my knee against the door and console when I take turns. I have to lean into the turn like a motorcyclist...

The side torso bolsters and back I don't mind. The seat bottom is too short and unsupported in my opinion. I pin my knee against the door and console when I take turns. I have to lean into the turn like a motorcyclist...

same here, any suggestions to modify without doing a full seat swap?

Velcro pants and shirt :)

This guy did a seat swap..
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...oes-to-his-CX-5-sport!!!&highlight=unemployed
looks like a very involved process, but the results look great!

Looks like some solid work. To swap in a MZ3 seat, you would be able to chop up the seat bases/brackets and make them fit pretty easily if you know someone who can weld/fab. I was also thinking, if you have the dealership check the weight sensors between the two vehicles, they could be the same part number and be direct plug and play as far as airbags go.... but be cautious!

Latest posts

Back