Pioneer AVH-4000 NEX Install

Wow...i looked for it con every thread regarding aftermarket headunit except this..I read it but just took a glance...thank you again redbaron (with my very foolish face)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Anybody knows how much current ia necessary for the reverse camera?
I only can adquire a stepdown converter of maximum 2A

I live in Mexico... No amazon. I found in aliexpress..but 1month to receive item

Anybody knows how much current ia necessary for the reverse camera?
I only can adquire a stepdown converter of maximum 2A

The camera takes very little current. A 2A supply will be WAY more than enough. (I'm running mine with a 1A max chip.)

I have installed an pioneer appradio3 with rp4 fromPAC
I followed your scheme for all the cables....but
1) steering wheel buttons don't work
2) aporafio doesn't shut off when shutting off car
What am I doing wrong. I double checked my connections

The reverse camera works...but connects each time i press a button on the headunit

Last edited:
The steering wheel.controls work now....I did forget to put the connector pointing to pioneers (7)

I double checked again the connections
Red wire is ignition + wire. It is connected to red on pioneers connector and spliced to supply power to camera
Even switching off the car....still the radio is on
The reverse camera works But it seems to connect when parking and not when in reverse...
Purple/white reverse in pioneer is connected to green in PAC (I have no Bose)

Blue/white in PAC to blue/white (labelled as system remote control) in pioneer and to blue in bypass cable
Parking green cable in pioneer to green in bypass

And black bypass to ground (all blacks)
The antenna adapter (Honda) has one blue cable that I am not connecting to anything. Should I?

All the speakers work correctly as well as the steering wheel
When I switch off the car. PAC red led switches off...radio still on and steering wheel buttons still work.

What I missed in this puzzle?
I measured the voltage with black/red and black/yellow and both are supplying current when car is off
Thank you so much for the support

Last edited:
To have the reverse camera working when in reverse, I had to connect a cable to the cable of the reverse light... I had to disassemble the roof a bit and connect it...
Not so hard to do...
Regarding all the other connections, have you checked every connection compared with the excel file that someone had posted somewhere on this forum?

For the reverse...it ia necessary?
It was supposed That the Rp4mz11 could do that without connecting it to the reverse light.
I will take you some photos of my installation...but I double checked all my connections.

In my case, it was! :) I've tried to explore other solutions, but... at the end, it was the only way...

Which headunit?
Did you use the rp4 from pac?
Do tour hu has gps? Could you connect the gps antenna that already is installed to the hu? How?
I identified the gps antenna where the TomTom module should be (I have no TomTom module)

I have found the problem of continued current.
The problem is on the rp4 side.
He ignition red cable goes from Mazda interface to rp4 module and comes back to pioneer
When going from Mazda interface the current is not continuous (is an ignition cable and it shut off when car is off) but the red cable from module to pioneer supplies continuous voltage...
Could the rp4 module be mal functioning?
I have connected an additional cable from the Mazda interface to the pioneer plug directly and it works leaving the red cable from module to pioneer without connection (isolated)

PAC support is suggesting me to.update the firmware of the module. Do you know which version do you have installed?
Mine is 1.2.3.2.

Sorry, i don't know which firmware it was.... Anyway, I had to set it up and... it worked!

Regarding the GPS antenna..
Did you use the antenna provided by the aftermarket radio? Or plug an extension from.cx-5 antenna (plug on tomtom's module location )
What kind of connectors are these to build my own extension cable?

No, I simply used the gps antenna coming with the aftermarket radio...
The TomTom module is still on his place: it don't disturb me and it give me the possibility to come back to the original system if I need to sell the car...

This thead is a great how-to for installing the AVH-4000NEX. I was able to get it done this past weekend and got a lot done. Backup cam works with no problems and the Bose speakers sound so much better now that I can customize the EQ fully. I'm still waiting on a few parts; the 40-HD10 antenna adapter I ordered on eBay was the wrong type, as it has a circular connection inside the adapter instead of a rectangular one, so I should be getting the correct one from Amazon tomorrow. Also, bought cables for both my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my iPod touch that I also still need to run from the center console to the unit. I'll take care of all that once I have all the parts I need to completely finish the job.

However, I am running into a problem. I soldered the wires of the PAC RP4-MZ11 according to jlcpremier's instructions and RedBaron's spreadsheet. I tested the SWC and they worked as they should, minus the voice command and phone answer/hang-up buttons. I went ahead and programmed them according to the PAC instruction sheets included with the harness. Turned off the car and messed with the backup cam connections as they were giving me problems. Turned the car back on to test the backup cam, found that none of the SWC didn't work and didn't respond. Pressed buttons and the LED on the SWC module would not flicker, which means no signal was being received from the SWC? Pressing the programming button didn't help that either. So I turned off the car, unplugged the SWC from the harness to reset it, plugged it in and turned on the car. Buttons seemed to work again, and programmed the buttons once again. All seemed to be good, so went ahead and installed the unit into the dashboard thinking that's the end of it until I get the antenna and android/iPod cables. But later when turning on the car, the SWC controls do nothing except for the voice command button. None of the other buttons work again. Has anyone run into this kind of SWC problem? It seems the SWC module gets no or partial signals from the steering wheel after I turn the car off and back on. No clue why. Buttons were obviously working a-ok with old head unit.

Much quicker question regarding the antenna adapter: what wire should I connect the blue power wire to? The blue wire coming out of the SWC module or the ACC (ignition) wire where everything else is spliced in (12V/6V step down power and brake bypass)?

Thanks in advance!

Back