Pioneer AVH-4000 NEX Install

Thanks jlcpremier!
The HMI is the joystick + 6 more buttons I have in the central panel close to the handbrake.
Here is a pic:
CX-5_2011_details_01__jpg72.jpg

Moreover, I'm interesting in seeing a video to understand:
- how much it takes the system to load when you power on the engine;
- if the OEM cam will still works as usually... I mean, when u insert the rear gear the video from the cam will automatically comes up?;
- what about the parking sensors? they will still work showing the image of the car and the zone alarm visually on the AVH-4000 NEX?

and... i don't know if u are the right person, but... which is the difference between the avh-4000 nex and the avh-8000 nex?

Hi guys!
No answers?!?
jlcpremier, I've lost you!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Moreover, I'm interesting in seeing a video to understand:
- how much it takes the system to load when you power on the engine;
- if the OEM cam will still works as usually... I mean, when u insert the rear gear the video from the cam will automatically comes up?;
- what about the parking sensors? they will still work showing the image of the car and the zone alarm visually on the AVH-4000 NEX?

and... i don't know if u are the right person, but... which is the difference between the avh-4000 nex and the avh-8000 nex?

I have the 4000NEX, too. I'll answer what I can.

- Start-up time is minimal. If you were last listening to something over bluetooth, it can take a minute or so to start playing again when you turn on the car. Everything else is pretty much instantaneous.
- Backup camera is very quick. Switch into reverse, and the image automatically appears nearly instantly.
- Can't speak to the parking sensors. My Mazda6 i Sport doesn't have them.
- I chose the 4000NEX because I wanted to spend the bare minimum to get Apple CarPlay when Pioneer releases the firmware update. ("Early summer" according to all reports. It's early summer, correct? ;-)) The 8000 seems like complete overkill to me. I don't need navigation because CarPlay will include Apple maps (good enough for my needs.) I've also read the capacitive screen on the 8000 isn't a substantial upgrade (visually) over the 4000's screen. Regardless, the 4000 is a fantastic head unit if you want to fine tune your system with a subwoofer, crossover settings, etc. It may be the base model in the NEX line, but it's still a higher end unit relative to the market overall.

Thank you, lhendricks92!!!
You were really kind and clear!!!
Thxxxx!!!

I still wait to see a video...

Anyone could tell me something about the parking sensors?

lhendricks92, what about the sync via bluetooth between phone and 4000NEX? It takes time at every power on to download the contacts as the Mazda one?
What about the power off/power on? It resume songs from the last point you leave it?

Bluetooth is rock solid for both music and phone. I haven't noticed any contact download lag at all, but I generally use Siri (via a programmed steering wheel control) to make calls. Music resumes from where you left it when you turn on the system.

Great!!! I like it!!! Finally what I asked from my OEM system... I will change! Now I'm just in doubt if choosing the AVH-4000NEX or the AVIC-F60DAB... I love the idea of having the digital radio on board...

Just one question left: anyone knows if there's a way to use the HMI (I've posted the pic few post ago) using one more steering wheel control?

Anyone could help in reprogramming the RP4?!? I've installed it but I'm still using the default setting... so... phone command is not working...

I've heard that someone had founded a way to reprogram the commands and assign two commands per each button with a short and long press: pleaseeeee, explain me how!!!!

Anyone could help in reprogramming the RP4?!? I've installed it but I'm still using the default setting... so... phone command is not working...

I've heard that someone had founded a way to reprogram the commands and assign two commands per each button with a short and long press: pleaseeeee, explain me how!!!!

Did you read the instructions that came with it? Page 3 (here, if you don't have them: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/541/541RP4MZ11.PDF )

Thank you Red Baron!!!
The center point gain and the amp gain can be set in a cx-5?!? Cause I continuously hear a noise even when the volume is at 0... seems to be the Bose...

Hi there! Everything done!!!
Thanks to RedBaron & lhendricks92 that gave me some tricks...

Well, guys, which is your setting on your aftermarket system? I'm searching for the right configuration to set the system and I'm curious to understand what have you set on your system...

I think you are referring to sound setting...That's one thing you are going to have to figure out for yourself. Everyone's sound tastes are different. One thing you may want to consider picking up or borrowing is the calibration mic. The Pioneer one is the CD-MC20, about $30. This will do time alignment and auto-eq. You can also use any other calibration mic if you have one for say a home theater receiver. If not you can also take a pink noise wav on USB, and use a audio analyzer app on your phone to eq your car

My opinion though is the auto-eq is pretty much crap, however the time alignment is nice and definitely improves the sound. From there I adjusted the balance to R1 and fader to R3

I set the front crossover to 80Hz and the rear to 63Hz It does sound though that the Bose system puts it's own crossover on the speakers anyway

In the speaker levels section, my fronts are set at -1 and the rears are at +1 on the left and +2 on the right, sub is at -8

My EQ has +2 on the far right two treble bands, +2 on the mid bands, and +1 on the bass bands

But again, I have the Bose system, plus an aftermarket sub, so using my settings most likely is not gonna work for you

Thanks everybody for all the support here...
I am going to install a pioneer appradio3.
Backup OEM camera--> 12vto6v and voil and some pin to make my own Adapter
Microphone --> just routing cable from pillars could be an option (I don't want to remove the stock one)
USB on armrest --> could be adapted or try the mazusb adapter by scosche/axxess
Radio antenna--> with Honda adapter
Gps antenna--> on touring (w/o Nav) the antenna is already in the car. Is the gps antenna cable plug and play to the aftermarket pioneer?
As my intention is to keep connected an android stick to the appradio, I was wondering to use the factory navigation hole (I have a cover there without sdcard port) and adapt the cover to have there two usb ports that will be connected to the android stick. I need power for the stick (2.1A/5v) and my intebtion was to get it from the power cables that feed TomTom nav. Is this possible or are that cables connected to the stock radio?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Hi ikerg!
I've found some interesting solutions for the mic and the USB on armrest... I will post some photos on Monday (now I'm far away from my car!!!)...

jlcpremier!
Thanks for your answer!!!
Could I tell u if, connecting the iPod on the USB of the Pioneer it will resume playback or start from a random song everytime you turn on the engine/ignition?

Hi ikerg!
I've found some interesting solutions for the mic and the USB on armrest... I will post some photos on Monday (now I'm far away from my car!!!)...
I am impatient waiting for this
Thanks

Which were the connectors to we soldered for the OEM cam adapter to the 12v to 6v converter?
It was posted but I can't find it

Well, ikerg, i can tell you that, in my case, having a European model, the adpter was unnecessary... I just used 2 pins for the video channel...

Back