TomTom NB1 Maps

935.5418 and QuickFix updates downloaded here as well.
Still trying to figure out what/how the satellite images works. Option is checked but greyed out in the menu. I assume it is similar to the Google Maps view. I live in a major metropolitan area but seems not available.

I haven't gotten a chance to look into the Satellite image capability.

Thanks. Me too. :)

By the way, I made a copy of the original Mazda SD card and use that one in the car; the original stays in the house with all the car's paperwork "just in case". If anyone else is doing that you probably should update both cards while you can...

Could you please share how to make a backup copy of the SD card? I tried everything. When I insert the "copied" SD card, my car will not recognize it. Keep asking for the original SD card only.

I have Windows 7. I updated to 935 on the original SD card while I logged in Tom Tom 2. After everything is done, the program crashed. I used a "copied" SD and went through the whole process to update. Same thing happened, it crashed the program at the end. And neither card shows up in Windows Explorer as a new drive. I did use the original to reboot in my car and it seems to be fine. Oh well, next time when I turn on my computer, I will see if I can get the card recognized.

I assume you have the stock 4GB card... they apparently went with 8GB cards on the '15s.

Yup, going to order an 8GB now.
Anyone know any restrictions on it? Just regular SDHC Class 4 or can I go higher? Would UHS-1 SD cards work?

EDIT: Wow TomTom downloading is slow right now. I max out at 10MB/s and it's telling me it will take 17hrs to download...

Last edited:
This has worked well for me... I use them for backups

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

61AkT4SYd3L._SL1062_.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for an 8Gb card for the Tom Tom NB1 as my 4Gb card supplied with the car a mere 7 months ago is too small to accommodate the latest gargantuan update?

I know that certain cards with this capacity seem to be problematic with the system.

I went to Microcenter and got the cheapest one. Made a backup of the original and copied it to the new one. Works without any flaws...

No need to spend lots of money on some fancy high-speed high-capacity card.

I went to Microcenter and got the cheapest one. Made a backup of the original and copied it to the new one. Works without any flaws...

No need to spend lots of money on some fancy high-speed high-capacity card.

I've used TomTom Home to back up the card on my computer, but not to another card. And when you say copy it, did you use windows explorer or some other program?

Whenever I updated my original SD card, TT home would create a backup file, so I inserted the replacement SD card in the Mazda and let it get initialized, then put it in my computer and used TT home to restore the backup to the initialized replacement card. Back to the Mazda, and everything's there on the new card!

Back