SCBS Sensor

ak_cx5

:
2023 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Select
I recently had my windshield replaced for the first time on my 2014 CX-5 GT. I have the tech package that includes the smart city brake support and rain sensor. Ever since Safelite replaced the windshield I've been getting a warning that shows up randomly on the info screen next to the speedometer that says "SCBS - Clear Windshield Completely". I know they used the right windshield because it has the clear cutouts for all the sensors at the top of the windshield. It doesn't look like there is anything blocking the sensor either.

Is there a reset button for this? I'm having Safelite come back out to take a look this weekend, but wondering if anyone else had this problem after getting their windshield replaced and how they fixed it.

Thanks!

I have no idea, but if it was me I would disconnect the negative battery terminal for a bit. Perhaps that might just do it. Can't hurt anyway. Good luck.

Found it. The installer broke the mounting bracket and then tried to stick it back on the windshield with double sided tape. Not gonna fly....

Ak_CX5

Hello, my name is Sarah I am with Safelite AutoGlass, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. You can contact me at 866-212-5457.

Thank you
Sarah Powers

Ak_CX5

Hello, my name is Sarah I am with Safelite AutoGlass, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. You can contact me at 866-212-5457.

Thank you
Sarah Powers

Has this been resolved? I have the same. The safelite tech suspects to install the cover due the sensors with a new one would fix it. Please let me know how it was fixed so I can advise the safelite tech.

Has this been resolved? I have the same. The safelite tech suspects to install the cover due the sensors with a new one would fix it. Please let me know how it was fixed so I can advise the safelite tech.

I had the same issue after I had my windshield replaced. I contacted the windshield store, and they told me that Mazda needs to recalibrate the radar camera. I called my Mazda dealership, and they told me it will cost an additional $130. I was reluctant since I just spent $650 to replace the windshield. I was able to open up the case for the rearview mirror, and I found out that they missed a clip when then re-installed back the rearview mirror which caused the box to be loose. Once i had all the clips aligned, and the box was properly locked in place and the message disappeared.

Not really seeing anything in FSM about SCBS recalibration... most things seem related to automatic wiper sensor if it someone got damaged.

Sensor is on

Question....

Did you ever figure this out?

I Ask, bc i actually work at a auto glass company , and have a customer with the same issue. but its seems as if everything is connected back together correctly.

Last edited:
Wow... 4 yrs later and just noticed I never responded to this! It got fixed. Safelite had to replace the windshield again. Apparently the plastic mounting brackets that hold the sensors in place are molded directly into the glass. The sensor clipped in correctly and the warning went away. It must have been off center due to the broken clip the first go round.

Back