Part number for cruise control buttons

This is interesting. Been thinking about this issue ever since I got the car.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Dealer number 2 to tell me no... Im about to just buy the buttons, install them myself, and if it does not work go to the dealer and complain that my cruise "stopped working". See where that gets me.

Greaaat idea!
The buttons go for about 60 bucks. If it doesnt work now, someone will figure out how to do it in the future.
Same thing with the other 2 gens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey nutter
Have you had any luck with that? These guys in Japan are tough, they will not even try.

Guys.
Cruise control is standard on ALL australian mazda 3s. Even on the ones with no city brake.
Those cars are also made in Japan.

Therefore, there HAS to be a way to enable cruise on our cars

Sorry about not posting an update....
I have successfully installed cruise control on my car.

All you need is part BJE3664M3 and someone to install it. Or DIY is not very complicated!
I got a mate to do it just because I had no time.

Mine worked as soon as we reconnected the battery. Basically plug and play.
But, my friend's car had to have it programmed by the dealer. I am not sure why mine worked and his didn't- maybe slightly different versions.
Mine is a 2014 bought in May, he bought his in November.
- he installed it and took to the dealer and said the cruise had stopped working, so they innocently enabled it for free. LOL

You just have to make sure you get the right part.
The one made for cars WITHOUT adaptive cruise

This is very interesting, just to confirm, did you have the base model 2014? My wife and I bought ours from the dealer with the gaurantee they would add cruise. They added an aftermarket cruise control module and it had issues with the car going into limp mode randomly. Eventually they forced us to take it out ( and refunded but we're pretty upset). I mentioned this and of course they said they couldn't get it to work. Has yours been working fine since? Would this void the warranty? I'm kicking myself for not pushing for a second opinion before letting them take it out, but just felt like I had no choice in the matter.

Ok guys, sorry for the delay in replying.

The button I shared was for the Cx5 so they fit, but look slightly different.
•i will post the part number for the Mazda3 buttons.

To install cruise all you need is:
•add the buttons
•buy an ELM327 modified for hight speed reading ($30)
•Forscan software with extended license.
•5 minutes to program it

Wire - BNK4-66-4M2
Switch - BJE3-66-4M3

Hi guys, sorry for popping up this old question but I came across while searching since I'm tryting to do exactly same to Mazda 2.
I have 2014 DJ3FS.

The control button that I need looks exactly same with CX5's cruise control. Part Number :BNK4-66-4M3 Replaces: BJE3-66-4M3
(the one that Bruns mentioned before)
However all the OEM parts websites that I have been looking, they mention Mazda3 and CX5 but they do not specifically mention that it fits Mazda 2.
Do you think it is gonna fit ?

Thank you .

Back