Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Installing A Dash Cam

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    After using the long cig light cord forever I decided to use an Invisicord plugged into the mirror. Talk about easy.

Thanks DBLXX from this thread!

I bought this cord.

Did you purchase with or without the fuse? Thanks in advance!

Registered Member

I bought the micro one

Fit seems good. It plugged in without much effort but feels taut enough connectors are not gonna fall out.

Just to clarify, you plugged it directly into the same little hole that already has a wire coming out of it? Or did you plug into the empty space/directly above the wire?

Registered Member

If you have a powered HomeLink mirror Invisicord is far easier & quicker to install than other options. I put one today on my Infiniti for it's webcam.

Easy to remove as well.
    May I ask where you put the little black box that is shown on the picture of the invisicord? Thanks.

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Protege__Owner:

- purchased with fuse

- all connections are to connections with wires already coming out. I don't think the mirror connections are the same on all model years so you probably want to take a multimeter to it if you are unsure. Make sure you are utilizing the switched power connection as well unless you want your dashcam with power on at all times.

- I used a small piece of velcro and attached to the rear side of the mirror.
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - 53K Miles - https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/ (30% off "shipping" with code "MAZDAS247")

Registered Member

Protege__Owner:

- purchased with fuse

- all connections are to connections with wires already coming out. I don't think the mirror connections are the same on all model years so you probably want to take a multimeter to it if you are unsure. Make sure you are utilizing the switched power connection as well unless you want your dashcam with power on at all times.

- I used a small piece of velcro and attached to the rear side of the mirror.

@Kedis82ZE8, thanks for getting back to me. I have the 2016 CX-5 GT w/tech, so hopefully it's the same? I'm not really familiar with how to use the multi-meter... I've seen em before and there not expensive, just don't know how to properly use one.
    Also, just to clarify, you just jam the little metal rod into the same small hole the wire is coming out of? No splicing or tapping into the wire necessary?

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    There is a another around here somewhere... it might have been for installing a radar detector...

IIRC... the '16s mirror used some different spots on connector and pictures were posted as well. I'll see if I can find later. I have to step out for a while.

Yep... no splicing or tapping...... connector is just held in firmly besides the existing wiring and makes connect with the metal part of terminal.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 CX5 GT-R

Hello All
    Im planning to buy AUTO-VOX A118-C B40C Dashcam
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UUQD9L6/...Q7OPHQWK&psc=1

It doesnt have a battery, it has got a capacitor. If we plug this into the center console power outlet will it load the battery even after the ignition is switched off ? I tried connecting my phone to the power outlet using an adapter i observed that even after 30 minutes of switching off the car the phone is still getting charged. Whats the best way to connect the dashcam so that it gets switched off once we turn off the ignition ?
    - With Regards
    PMA (2019 CX5-GTR)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

You should change your profile, to which year CX5 do you have. I matters in this case.
    The earlier CX5s, have a front charging port, that switches off with the car and the one in the center arm rest, it doesn't.

Registered Member

2019 CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    You should change your profile, to which year CX5 do you have. I matters in this case.
    The earlier CX5s, have a front charging port, that switches off with the car and the one in the center arm rest, it doesn't.
    Done
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

16 CX-5 GT and 13 CX-5 Touring AWD

Thank you for this thread!

Just installed a Transcend DrivePro 200 in my 2016.5 GT using an Invisicord. Super easy. Works great!

I bought the Micro (1/2 x 1/16) Connector version with a fuse.

The little box on the cable already has mounting tape on it - a thoughtful touch! Just peel off the backing and stick it to the back of the mirror.

Use a zip tie to secure the Invisicord to the mirror - just in case the Dash Cam falls off the window you don't want it yanking on the cord and probes.

Facing the wires going into the back of the plug, the ground was the middle black, switched power the right-most wire - I think it's blue with black striping.

Registered Member

CX-9

With or without a fuse?

Registered Member

2019 CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by katmar View Post

Just installed a Transcend DrivePro 200 in my 2016.5 GT using an Invisicord. Super easy. Works great!

The little box on the cable already has mounting tape on it - a thoughtful touch! Just peel off the backing and stick it to the back of the mirror.

Use a zip tie to secure the Invisicord to the mirror - just in case the Dash Cam falls off the window you don't want it yanking on the cord and probes.

Facing the wires going into the back of the plug, the ground was the middle black, switched power the right-most wire - I think it's blue with black striping.
    Hello
    Can you kindly share few pics showing the wiring. Mine is connected to the always on Cigarette lighter port and its a pain to pull the cable every-time. Want to connect to a switched connection the same way you have done.

Regards

16 CX-5 GT and 13 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by alex_a View Post
    With or without a fuse?
    I purchased the version with a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by pradeeshma View Post
    Hello
    Can you kindly share few pics showing the wiring. Mine is connected to the always on Cigarette lighter port and its a pain to pull the cable every-time. Want to connect to a switched connection the same way you have done.
    Pictures attached

This is a 2016.5.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

2019 CX5 GT-R

I purchased the version with a fuse.

Pictures attached

This is a 2016.5.
    Thanks a lot Katmar. The power tapped from behind the Rearview mirror is 5V ?
    From the pictures its look easy to connect to the Rearview rather than to the Fuse box Mine is a 2016 with Teck package.
    Last edited by pradeeshma; 12-11-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5

just to confirm, this is the one you bought right ?

http://invisicord.com/osc2/catalog/p...products_id=58

~ $24 + $4.95 fuse .....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomcat1446; 12-11-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast