2014 Mazda6 Axle Back Exhaust

:
2014 Mazda CX-9
You teased us with the blog post (http://www.corksport.com/blog/corksport-wants-to-make-your-2014-mazda-6-even-better/) including the video a while back and some of us have probably reached out individually about the availability and ship dates for the Gen 3 Mazda6 Axle Back exhaust indicating a June time frame. So, I thought I'd start this thread to see if there were any readily available updates on the topic. Price, ship dates, anything else we would want to know?

I can't be the only one anxiously waiting to order the Corksport exhaust to accompany the SRI I installed a little while back.

If I had to guess, there was a delay in the production of the components or a component of the exhaust, which led to the delay in the assembly of complete exhaust systems. Am I right?

The exhausts are in QA right now, I would guess it will be next week when you will be able to get one picked up.

Derrick

Now that it's officially available and I placed an order within the hour that it was posted, I have to say I am more than anxious to get mine bolted on. The new pictures look great and I can only imagine it will look that much better in person. Just like the CS SRI install, I'll be sure to do the same before and after testing and recording as well as my own step by step photo shoot....just because I like to do that sort of thing. Combined with the CS SRI, I know this is going to sound awesome. My 8 year old son is probably more excited than I am. Yep, I start 'em young. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

I just installed my exhaust today in under an hour. It couldn't have been any easier. Waaaaaaay easier than cat-back systems I've installed in the past. I was afraid the factory bolts would have been seized on, but they came off with very little effort. I could have removed them with an 1/8 inch driver. I didn't weight them myself, but the CS exhaust is considerably lighter than the OEM.

The sound at cold idle when it revs higher is just awesome. I'm sure my neighbors will agree every morning. Everywhere else throughout the rev range, it is noticeably louder but nothing too obnoxious. I'm sure my wife will disagree, but it's not her car, so.... It's exactly what I wanted. The weld quality and and overall craftsmanship on the whole system is just plain perfect. If I had the money...and the space, I'd buy another just to mount to the wall as a display. In a nutshell, it was well worth the wait.

Back