Chef's 1992 929 project

Not in a while but I've looked at it a few times and sat in it and made vroom vroom noises.

I am so glad you bought that sexy thing. It looks great!

one , year, later... Any updates on the 929 ?(couch)(cabpatch)

Yeah I've put some miles on her this year. Follow me on instagram lol. Forums are hard to post on anymore and my photobucket account is turned off because of their new bulls*** third party image hosting rule.

Man.... I was looking forward to more updates on the forum. I've switched to using Imgur if that helps.

Day 1 for s**** and giggles

kiFbdX8.jpg

Pu2yiLQ.jpg

Exhaust install

lJ5bTJ5.jpg

mPJTCNe.jpg

Gold wheels

gYfCzkb.jpg

ptTmy5r.jpg

0oiaNP2.jpg

GGgraxx.jpg

Current look. Now street legal. Just need a new battery

LP8QNAD.jpg

RARE trunk spoiler

1YulWMT.jpg

eY9YnFW.jpg

Interior

Kx25KhJ.jpg

Engine bay. JDM engine and trans w/ matching computers. Also deleted mechanical fan and moved battery to trunk

3vVQhYN.jpg

Looking good and I agree! We need to bring the forums back. I read an article on how the forums just aren't what they used to be because people crave the instant satisfaction of Facebook. Photobucket just made things worse.

Back to your 929, I'm still debating if I like the gold wheels better or these new ones... they both look good though.

Yeah but so much information is lost on facebook and other social media that's not designed to save information and keep things easy to find. Facebook groups help a little but you still don't have a forum setup that makes things easier to navigate.

I love my gold wheels on there but they need slightly taller and wider tires to look good. Along with a little suspension adjustment. I had some pretty stretched tires on them from when they were on my 3.

Tmup40J.jpg

I think that if I was selling meth I'd have a nicer car lol

LOL! I have to agree with that meth statement.

I agree that Facebook loses a lot of information. I still peruse the forums looking for old or lost information. I still get a good, inspiring feeling when I read someone else build thread on a forum. I'm still holding out hope.

Got any future plans for the ride?

Day 1 for s**** and giggles

kiFbdX8.jpg

Pu2yiLQ.jpg

Exhaust install

lJ5bTJ5.jpg

mPJTCNe.jpg

Gold wheels

gYfCzkb.jpg

ptTmy5r.jpg

0oiaNP2.jpg

GGgraxx.jpg

Current look. Now street legal. Just need a new battery

LP8QNAD.jpg

RARE trunk spoiler

1YulWMT.jpg

eY9YnFW.jpg

Interior

Kx25KhJ.jpg

Engine bay. JDM engine and trans w/ matching computers. Also deleted mechanical fan and moved battery to trunk

3vVQhYN.jpg

Looks awesome. Looking at these pics, Im just imagining how sweet the ride would look with tinted windows..

I just realized all the other pics are broken... Thanks photobucket. I better go check my old build thread.

Looks awesome. Looking at these pics, I’m just imagining how sweet the ride would look with tinted windows..

I'm kind of indifferent to tint on this car unless I stick with a light tint. The car is dark enough and I don't really like the blacked/murdered out look.

Got any future plans for the ride?

I need to get some miles on it as is but it could use a little more power and maybe a rebuilt transmission. Although it's my only automatic so I might be making up how the trans should shift. As far as power goes I have the old motor in my garage that I want to tear down sometime and see what the connecting rods look like. If they are not little sticks I might work up a basic turbo kit or maybe a supercharger. The car isn't really meant to be fast but it could use a little boost.

Eventually I'd like to get it painted. The clear is burned through on the roof and hood and it could use some fresh paint. I really don't want to make it look like a new car though. I prefer that it shows it's age and keeps some of the patina and character of being a 25 year old car. I'm considering either finding someone local to do it for cheap with minimal body work before paint or even taking it to maaco.

Have you tried claying it and then just a really good wax to stave off the painter for a bit longer?

It's not worth it. I give it a pressure wash and foam cannon bath when I have it out of the garage but anything beyond that leaves body color paint on clay or a buffer pad. I don't really mind the paint since perfect cars are useless but eventually it would be nice to wax this huge lady.

Ah, ok so the paint is detaching from the metal. No sense in it then. Out of curiosity, have you considered or looked into a manual tranny swap?

The HD years of the 929/Sentia never came manual. Previous model years did but they do not just bolt up. There is a guy manual converting a HE model overseas but it's a ton of work that I'd rather not bother with. It's actually nice sometimes to just put it in D and go. It does have a gear lock button so I can wind the gears out if I want to. The car sounds amazing with the exhaust on there. Almost like an NA Skyline.

Back