Factory 19's Powder Coated

TACKLEBOX

:
2014 Mazda CX5 grand Touring AWD
I have a few more pics but this was just through my phone.. so it was a bit of a hassle.. I had the roof side rails body color matched also... Next step, getting it a little lower. We needed to get a family car... This was my compromise.

Attachments

• 2014043095172231.jpg
    2014043095172231.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,062
I have a few more pics but this was just through my phone.. so it was a bit of a hassle.. I had the roof side rails body color matched also... Next step, getting it a little lower. We needed to get a family car... This was my compromise.

They look awesome. If you don't mind how much did that run you?

$130 to mount and balance.. $240 cash for the 4 wheels.. $209 for body paint matching the side rails.

I had it on jack stands in my garage for 2 days.. It would have been 4-5 but the powder coater said he could rush it for me no extra charge..

Very nice! I did plastidip on mine for now rather than pay for the dismount/mounting but I will definitely be going this route when my tires are due for replacement. Looks great on the black CX5.

Im going to go the plasti dip route myself just to get an idea of the colour I want... since its not too expensive, If I don't like it I can always remove it... plus I like the fact that it serves as a protective barrier against rock chips.

Looks really good, nice to see it done right.

Tell us more about the color please, I assume its a full gloss finish...

Looks great and you got a great deal!!! I took my 6's 19" wheels to a local shop Russian guy tried to get over and wanted $145 per wheel! I grew up hustlin :D As soon as he dropped the price I said have a good day and drove away. Still looking to get them done but most I will pay is $400 for all. If not then I will continue with plastidip and glossifier. $145 per wheel GTFO with that s***.

Mine was done at Rick's Powder Coating in Memphis if anyone is nearby.. Came highly recommended by other friends.. It is just a basic black gloss (I wanted the car to match all over the best I could get) Now my OCD is getting the better of me and I need to get the side marker/DTR lights to more closely match the HID's... Simple clean and matching... won't ever go out of style.

Thanks for the likes guys!

Tacklebox - Thanks for the details of wheel refinishing, looks great. I have a good local custom wheel/tire shop that I use frequently and they can handle this top of job.

Tacklebox, I'm not a big fan of black wheels, but that looks great on your black mica! Looks kinda like Batman's family mobile!

Hey ! im looking to plasti dip my 17 oem without taking them off the car. U think its possible or i have to take them off?? How did you do yours ? For the 17 ones it seems i couldnt do a great job on the inside part ... unreachable sorta speak ....

Looks great 8) and its the only way to do it if you want it to last.

I was considering aftermarket rims however, the stock 19s are so good looking I won't switch them. Powder coating though, maybe later ;-)

Maya.... plastic dip is ok.. but temporary. Any I don't think you'd want to do it with them on your car.. powder coating isn't super cheap. But it'll last ..

Maya.... plastic dip is ok.. but temporary. Any I don't think you'd want to do it with them on your car.. powder coating isn't super cheap. But it'll last ..

But that's the whole point of plastidip isn't it?... its not permanent.

The way I see it, its a cheap way to find out what look you like or not before paying for powder coating.
It's also good to protect rims against chips dirt, salt brake dust and even rust (when its done right).
Its surprisingly resistant, (again, when done right) and there are even metallic finished available.

And when your tired of it or ready for powder coating... just peal away to reveal perfectly clean wheels.

Last edited:
Back