2013 CX-9 Touring - Check Engine light came on...then went off...

Had our 2013 CX-9 Touring engine light come on a few days ago (still under warranty, about 24k miles). Made an appointment with the dealer for tomorrow and tonight I noticed the light isn't on anymore. I still plan on bringing it in but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this before. I didn't know the check engine light could even go off without being "reset". It was not on a new tank of gas or anything. Oil had been changed a couple weeks prior (not by dealer).

That does happen frequently, sometimes the dealer can find the code, I'm not sure how long the ecu record is before being deleted on the Cx9, anyone?

if there was a legitimate code, i think it's 50 miles or a few driving cycles for it to clear in the computer (or something close to that) if the condition does go away. either way, can't hurt to check and see.

You can always go to AutoZone and have them check the code for you, they'll do it for free.

So our engine light has now come on 3 times in the last few months. We've taken it in each time and they keep telling us it's the gas cap not being close properly. I am sure we always close the cap all the way until it clicks. I suggested that perhaps the gas cap needs to be replaced and they claim it is fine. We're 6k from the dreaded 36k miles so now I'm worried if it becomes a regular thing or something more serious beyond the 36k. I guess it's good we at least have it on record that we took it in three times.

So our engine light has now come on 3 times in the last few months. We've taken it in each time and they keep telling us it's the gas cap not being close properly. I am sure we always close the cap all the way until it clicks. I suggested that perhaps the gas cap needs to be replaced and they claim it is fine. We're 6k from the dreaded 36k miles so now I'm worried if it becomes a regular thing or something more serious beyond the 36k. I guess it's good we at least have it on record that we took it in three times.

Either go buy a $20 reader from amazon or stop off at an autozone and get the code checked as soon as it comes on. Autozone will even do a print out for you. That should solve some issue. A good dealer should let you bring it in immediately too after a a few misreads to at least get the code checked (unless of course you live a ways away from the dealer)

Well, after pushing the dealer big time they did some further testing and determined that the purge valve "might" have a small leak. Sounds shady to me but now we have to take it back in for a replacement since they didn't have the part in stock.

Oh man! There was a guy on here with your same issue and it haunted him for a long time. I think he ended up pulling all his hair out from grief. His dealer replaced everything under the sun to try and find the problem. Good luck!

That's how it satrted on my 2010 CX9 GT. Engine light (solid) would come on andfor some reason will disappear everytime i bring it to the dealership for checking. Twice, thy've told me that since there was no engine check light.. they could not diagnose anything. My reader, so as Auto zone's says its the ECM. I had the reset it, thinking it might be just a glitch, but this past two weeks, it gotten bad. Rough start up, engine would die after starting, 2 or 3 times i have to re-start it. Worst is, engine would turn off while driving!!! Scared the s*** out me! Still, dealership said they couldn't find anything, until one of their guys was getting it from their parking lot( after they checked it...again) engine died while she's backing up. They replaced the PCM...as ive said, reader says ECM, honestly dont know the difference between the two. To make long story short, now driving my CX9 again for 1 week now since they replaced the PCM, oonly issue i noticed, which only happened one time, is its changing gears, it feels like theres a delay and the engine is going to die again feeling. I just hope they really fix the real problem.

Back