Rear sway bar keep breaking stuff

:
2012 Mazda 5
Installed a Racing Beat RSB, AWR endlinks and Energy Suspension greasable brackets. However, I keep breaking things... 1st it was the endlinks... I broke the factory ones (no surprise there) and I also broke 2 sets of CorkSport ones. Finally I changed to AWR endlinks and now I bent the brackets way out of shape. The tech at Energy Suspension thinks the angle is too steep and that I need to adjust the bar so it's more horizontal. They are sending me new brackets but suggest not using them with my current setup. What do you guys think?

Current setup...

Attachments

• IMG_0001 - 2013-08-03 at 22-02-07.jpg
    IMG_0001 - 2013-08-03 at 22-02-07.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_0004 - 2014-04-23 at 22-24-09.jpg
    IMG_0004 - 2014-04-23 at 22-24-09.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0005 - 2014-04-23 at 22-26-45.jpg
    IMG_0005 - 2014-04-23 at 22-26-45.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:
It seems like they may have given you the wrong brackets for the bushings you are using. The brackets seem too big and allows the bushings(and ultimately the swaybar) to do quite a bit of walking under hard transitions.

You need to contact JBR or Tripoint for a set of their brackets. They are MUCH beefier. The Mazdaspeed 3 brackets are a little beefier and may solve that issue also.

You need to contact JBR or Tripoint for a set of their brackets. They are MUCH beefier. The Mazdaspeed 3 brackets are a little beefier and may solve that issue also.

I like those new JBR brackets. But, brackets are not universal. His is specifically for 1.25 diameter bars. Racing Beat is using a 1.06 diameter bar. Cannot just swap. Would need to change out the whole bar. Unless... JBR is sourcing his bushing from Energy and just machining his own brackets. Would have to find out the height and width of the bushing.

Everything I've seen points to the brackets from JBR, Tripoint or Energy Suspension for the 5 or 3 are the same size. Only the ID of the bushing is different to fit the specific swaybar being used.

I had a Tri-point bar on mine and also bent up the original brackets until they sent me the redesigned set. They only lasted about two weeks for me though. That TP bar is STIFF.

why are you not using the racing beat bushings and brackets?
Damn good question! Can’t blame something that was not deigned for the intended purpose. It looks like the bar might simply be to stiff for that ES bracket to hold. The Tri-point brackets should work (it looks really HD) but you’d need to take measurement and source the bushing separately. Since the bar is the cause of the problem, you need to address that, not simply patching it.

why are you not using the racing beat bushings and brackets?

Wanted something greasable. The one from RB is not.

Damn good question! Cant blame something that was not deigned for the intended purpose. It looks like the bar might simply be to stiff for that ES bracket to hold. The Tri-point brackets should work (it looks really HD) but
youd need to take measurement and source the bushing separately. Since the bar is the cause of the problem, you need to address that, not simply patching it.

Actually just got a response from JBR and the energy suspension bushing that I currently have will work with his new billet bushings.

TruTorsionBrackets.JPG

ブレイク;6290832 said:

There is a cheaper option. You can buy zerk fittings from most any auto parts store. Take the RB brackets and drill/tap a hole for the grease fitting. Put a pilot hole in the bushing at the same spot so grease makes it to the bar. Did this with my tripoint brackets. Worked like a charm.

attachment.php

Last edited:
ブレイク;6290832 said:

i personally don't like the greaseable bushings. every poly sway bar bushing i've installed has had teflon pipe tape wrapped under it, and i've never had any squeaking or sticking issues.

Back