Bluetooth problems

:
2021 CX-30 Prem
I have a 2014 GT. A few weeks back, i noticed the Bluetooth greyed out while I was driving. After I turned the car off and back on it came back. Now today the bluetooth has stopped working on the left speakers. If you turn the radio up to 40+ you can barely hear anything out of the left speaker. It's just on Bluetooth though, all other sources playback at same level on both sides. Also I tried the phone and it sounded all crackly and distorted. It sounds like it's just crapping out on me. Is there a way to reset the bluetooth unit, or do I just need to take it to the dealer and have them replace it? This infotainment system they have in this car is a POS. First the problems with resuming, and shuffle issues with iPods/iPhones, now this. (bang)

Aftermarket is looking pretty tempting, just hate to lose all the factory wiring for the mic, and camera, plus losing the Tom Tom, but I'm getting really frustrated with this radio, not to mention the sound shaping options are a joke. 2 bandswhat is this the 80's/90's even $50 car stereos have at least 3 bands now

Anybody else having problems with the Bluetooth?

The bluetooth problems are not typical, but it definitely sounds like your unit could be faulty.

As per your aftermarket woes, member Redbaron put in some awesome work and figured out a way to preserve the stock camera and while we have to lose the factory mic there is a way to piggyback off of the mazda wiring. The method has worked for a few of us now.

I went with a Pioneer Avic-8000nex which is just amazing. Or you could get a Kenwood and have the Garmin nav interface.

The bluetooth problems are not typical, but it definitely sounds like your unit could be faulty.

As per your aftermarket woes, member Redbaron put in some awesome work and figured out a way to preserve the stock camera and while we have to lose the factory mic there is a way to piggyback off of the mazda wiring. The method has worked for a few of us now.

I went with a Pioneer Avic-8000nex which is just amazing. Or you could get a Kenwood and have the Garmin nav interface.

Just one note about the factory mic wiring. After digging through the service manual a little bit, I learned how simple it would be to feed a mic wire up the A pillar and under the headliner. Basically, it's possible to loosen the A pillar without removing it (which dislodges some single-use clips) just enough to get a wire in there. I decided to do this rather than taking the time to make connectors for each end of the factory wiring, and cutting up my aftermarket mic. Took about ten minutes to do.

When your BT goes out, does the Phone button or Pandora button greyed out?
If so, this is a known issue and there is a TSB on it to replace the BT module.

My BT and Pandora grayed out today. Phone button not working too. I have my next service in 2 weeks and will see what they are gonna do. If it is a Bluetooth module replacement, will they do it on the same day or do they need to order in the parts?
Anybody with same issue?

My Bluetooth has just stopped working along with the USB function. Both the Bluetooth and USB tabs on the screen are greyed out. And no I don't use an iphone. (Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3)

I'm booked in with the dealer to have a look next week who incidentally have a Mazda 6 demonstrator which has just started with the same problems. They will look at the 6 this week to ensure they know what to do when they get my car.

I've had a Seat Leon, Fiat Bravo and Skoda Octavia with Bluetooth and USB and never had any problems.(shrug)

Jonno21

Yep....from what I've been told the updates are for 2013 and 2014 (not the 2014.5's though because they had the updates programmed at the factory).

Bon

i wasnt able to track down the TSB for the bluetooth module-- does anybody have a link? and as someone asked above, was this a part the dealer had in stock? or do they have to order it? its a bit irritating having to take the car in 2x for 1 service just so that they can order the part.

i wasnt able to track down the TSB for the bluetooth module-- does anybody have a link? and as someone asked above, was this a part the dealer had in stock? or do they have to order it? its a bit irritating having to take the car in 2x for 1 service just so that they can order the part.

I had my bluetooth module die and replaced it a month or two ago. The dealer did not have it in stock and needed to order the part. It took about a week for the part to come in.

My Bluetooth has just stopped working along with the USB function. Both the Bluetooth and USB tabs on the screen are greyed out. And no I don't use an iphone. (Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3)

I'm booked in with the dealer to have a look next week who incidentally have a Mazda 6 demonstrator which has just started with the same problems. They will look at the 6 this week to ensure they know what to do when they get my car.

I've had a Seat Leon, Fiat Bravo and Skoda Octavia with Bluetooth and USB and never had any problems.(shrug)

Jonno21

Saw the dealer yesterday and apparently there is a "recall" for NB1 units where an 8GB SD TomTom card has been provided on a certain number of vehicles. They replaced my SD card with a 4GB version with the latest maps (November 2013?)and my Bluetooth and USB socket are working again although there still is no resume function when switched off.:(

Had to download the latest map again and sort out my favourites.

They said that the unit has to work harder with a larger card as there is more memory to access(uhm). I can't see the obvious connection between this and the TomTom module unless Mazda are clutching at straws...

I will monitor the situation......

Jonno21

My BLuetooth and USB have just died for the second time in a year (car is 9 months old). Mazda dealer did a hard reset (?) last time and all worked again, guessing they will do the same again this time but I will ask for a new Bluetooth module. BTW, I had the SD card changed a few months ago so that is probably not the problem.

My Bluetooth, USB and Pandora all went out yesterday too for the second time in 3 months. Rather than unplugging the battery and doing a reset that way again, I took it into the dealer. They told me their is no TSB on it. They did look at it and said the "module" was acting flakey and ordered a new head unit right on the spot. I'm guessing this is a fairly common issue. The new unit should be in today or tomorrow.

I had the same problem happening to my 8 month-old CX-5 (BT and Pandora button greyed out).
When I took it to the dealer, they had to wait for Mazda Canada to send them diagnostic procedure, then had to get them to approve a new BT module ordered.
It took 2 trips and 2 weeks for them to replace the BT module. Second visit involved leaving the car there for a week.
Ugh...what a nightmare just to get the radio fixed. My next car will NOT be a Mazda (bang)

Did replacing the bluetooth module fix any of the issues with the USB resume or slow response of the bluetooth? My phone also downloads contacts every time and I can't do anything bluetooth related until its done. I am getting a new module tomorrow but don't want my hopes up that this will fix all the problems.

I have a 2014 GT. A few weeks back, i noticed the Bluetooth greyed out while I was driving. After I turned the car off and back on it came back. Now today the bluetooth has stopped working on the left speakers. If you turn the radio up to 40+ you can barely hear anything out of the left speaker. It's just on Bluetooth though, all other sources playback at same level on both sides.

This just happened to me. Funny thing is I already had the TSB replaced because of the recall, pre-emptively.

Back