Sun damaged paint fix?

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So I was watching some videos today on how people were buffing the paint back to its original color. Is this a hoax and will my sun damaged roof have to be painted again? or is this a successful fix on sun damage?

20z8go4.jpg

A really aggressive buff will bring some of it back. You'll have to stay on top of waxing it or put an excellent sealant over it immediately after. (Opticoat 2.0 would work). The damage has already been done as the clear is failing, you can polish to keep it going as long as possible.

Honestly it looks too far gone for buffing/waxing to do much. The top of my spoiler looks the same -- I tried buffing it with my high speed polisher, and it didn't really make any difference. The only real fix is to get it repainted. The good news is that you should be able to have just the roof painted, which is way cheaper than the whole car. It's got clearly defined edges, so there's no blending with the original paint needed.

sorry to hijack but
my car has a ton of very tiny paint chips on it a few here and there on the back and sides but most on front where stones hit. i want a good way to fix these without repainting the whole panels (touch up pens and sprays never match well and to me would make it look worse

Back