M3 springs on M5?

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport 6MT
How similar are the suspensions between the Mazda3 and Mazda5? From what I understand, the springs on the 5 are softer and designed for more body roll than the 3 so that you don't do anything crazy with a vehicle with a higher CG (too late...), as well as a more family-freindly ride. Although I like the look of a lowered car, I don't think that it would be the best thing for dealing with the snow here in the midwest; if I was still living in Los Angeles, no problem, but this is my DD. Would a set of stock springs from a regular M3 work in my 2012 M5 sport? Would there be any appreciable handling benefit?

Thanks!

you have it backwards... the mazda3 springs are softer than the mazda5 springs. the mazda5 only FEELS softer because its that much heavier than the mazda3. if you install mazda3 springs on the mazda5, the rear will sag too much. if you are looking for lowering springs, there are a few mazda5 specific options available.

I am from Los Angeles. Lived 2 years in St Louis (webster groves), and drove my Lexus LS460 VIP slammed on 19s, for those two winters. Had no issues with winter at all. Though downtown roads didn't like my SSR Viennas as much.

Good luck.

Back