Looking for a different dealership

abeille

:
2014 Mazda 6
Looking for a place in SW Ohio for warranty type work. I dropped my car off for 2 things today. Check out why gas came back up and out of the tank when I filled up last and fix the drink holder door in the console. So they couldn't find anything wrong with the gas issue, no biggie. They claimed to have adjusted the door on the console "better but it still hangs up a little" It's exactly the same! But here comes the part that really angered me. When the shuttle service took me back to work, I filled out on the paper that I needed a ride back to the dealership. When they called to tell me about the car, I told them I needed a ride back to the dealership. 15 minutes past the time they were supposed to pick me up, I called them only to find out they had nobody coming to get me! They grabbed a tech guy, threw him in a car and had him come pick me up. I get to the dealership and hour and a half after I got off work to find a "report of damages" paper on my dash and nobody there to ask about it. There's a circle on the roof in the diagram and it says "ok" underneath it. Needless to say, I am never leaving it there unattended again!

The only reason I'm considering continuing allowing them to do scheduled maintenance is the lifetime drivetrain warranty they offer.

Anybody have a recommendation?

Where in SW Ohio? I don't have much good to say about dealerships, Mazda or otherwise, in the Cincinnati area. I took my last RX7 to Jake Sweeney Mazda in tri-county for a inspection/tune-up after I purchased it and they weren't bothered to attach the spark plug leads correctly (or at all). I purchased my 2 at King's Mazda and that was the last I dealt with them.

FWIW, the gas issue was likely the pump and not your car. Regarding interior fit and finish I've found just about every dealer won't do much unless it's a well-documented issue. Sucks about the damage though. Definitely ask about it and threaten to go elsewhere if they don't do anything about it. It's possible another dealership will honor the warranty.

Write or call to Mazda USA and let them know your dissatisfaction with the dealer and detail everything as you have in your post. I can assure you that the Midwest Regional person in charge of parts and Service, will get involved or you can call the GM of the dealership and let him know that you are planning to report the issue to MNAO.

I talked to the salesman, I believe he's a manager, I bought the car from last night before I left. He agreed that the interior "fix" was ridiculous. I will try a few more fill ups and see if it was a one time deal. I have only had the fuel spill over in one other car. (A beat up VW Dasher....it did that all the time) They called today and apologized for leaving me stranded for over an hour. They ordered the part for the interior fix and will fix it. Calling Mazda USA is a great idea. The place is a mess. Desk guy doing oil changes, technicians picking up customers. They should offer something other than just an apology in my opinion. At least a car wash. Maybe I'm wrong. LOL The "report of damages" paper is an inspection paper for every car that comes in and I wasn't supposed to see it. At least that's the story.

I live in the Dayton area. Matt Castrucci is the one that did this to me. Jeff Schmitt is pretty much a joke. I've had good luck with Kings Mazda in Cincy for accessories. They installed navigation on a Saturday.

I honestly wouldn't bother with a dealership at all if it weren't for the warranty.

I'm a master tech and do work/diag on the side. I live in West Carroll ton if you're interested. I have a lot of experience with those two dealers and the crap they try to pull as well. Shoot me a PM with your cell if you want stuff fixed. There are a few things that your gas issue could be, and should be easy to rule out and consider a fluke(or find a problem).

Thanks Tony, I will definitely keep you in mind. It's funny they had to check if those parts are covered.....The way I see it is if it came with the car it's covered. I'm going to let them fix the cupholder issue....on MY time. They will not strand me again.

Now there's a recall for that gas tank problem. If only they listened the first time....... Oh well, I'll be calling the other dealership about it

Back