How to disable ADD heads up display?

dqlevitt

:
2014 3 S GT
I find the digital heads up display really annoying and distracting. I can already see my speed displayed in the dash. I've figured out how to get the numbers to not display but the screen still pops up every time the car starts. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there a way to physically remove the screen without damaging it?

There was an option on the 16.xx version of the firmware to turn off/close the ADD, but it was removed in the first update and hasn't been added back since.

I don't know the answer, but these are my first two thoughts.. Is it on its own fuse? Failing that, remove the dash area around it and unplug its connector.

I guess if you were a pilot, you'd disable the heads-up display in your jet?(dunno)

I'd imagine that a huge majority of drivers love the display as much as I do. Everyone who sees the one in my 3 (or in my Corvette when I still had it), wants it in their vehicle.

I was sceptical at first, as I usually am with such things. But this little device I've grown used to. And considering the position of the digital readout down on the bottom of the tach, a better way to view your speed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just wish they would have integrated it into the windshield. I'm thinking of running a hidden switch just to turn it on when I go on roach trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back