Bluetooth connectivity

jsmith218

:
2014 CX-5
We just bought a 2014 CX-5 yesterday and I have a couple questions on the Bluetooth. This is the first car we've owned with this function so I'm not sure how others work. I have paired my phone and my wife's phone, mine is android, the wife's is an iphone. When we get in the car and it pairs with one of our phones it always has to download the phonebook. Is this normal, it seems like it should store this so it doesn't have to take a couple minutes every time we get in the car, it's annoying. Is this normal for this car and are all other systems the same way? Also the message function doesn't download the messages, any thoughts on that? Thanks for any help.

We just bought a 2014 CX-5 yesterday and I have a couple questions on the Bluetooth. This is the first car we've owned with this function so I'm not sure how others work. I have paired my phone and my wife's phone, mine is android, the wife's is an iphone. When we get in the car and it pairs with one of our phones it always has to download the phonebook. Is this normal, it seems like it should store this so it doesn't have to take a couple minutes every time we get in the car, it's annoying. Is this normal for this car and are all other systems the same way? Also the message function doesn't download the messages, any thoughts on that? Thanks for any help.

Please read other threads in the Car Audio & Electronics forum on these issues. The short answer is yes, most systems tend to sync contacts during each connection and the correct functioning of the SMS delivery is highly dependent on the device's hardware and software. The SMS delivery is somewhat useless. Even if it worked correctly and you received a message, the vehicle will not allow you to view the message while it is in motion. You just get an annoying pop-up notifying of a text message that you cannot access.

Back