Build a 2015 Mazda6 is up on mazda USA web site

FYI, as the title says...

I've been on the Mazda site daily for the last week or so and I noticed that the Mazda6 and CX-5 pages are now the 2015 model. I leased a 2014 Mazda6 Touring w/ Tech Pkg back in January and have been very happy with it. Last Saturday (4/12/14), I was t-boned in the passenger side by a drunk driver running a red light! I walked away without a scratch, but my poor Mazda6 gave it's life to protect me and it is totaled.

I WAS debating between replacing it with an identical 2015 model or snagging a great deal on a 2014 Grand Touring instead. Actually, the 2015 Touring would have a moonroof and Sirius sat radio, which wasn't available on the 2014 Touring. The Touring Technology Package requires the new Moonroof/Bose/Sirius Package on the 2015, so I'd have to get both packages because I would want the Tech Package again.

The 2015 Mazda6 Touring with Technology Pkg, Moonroof/Bose/Sirius Pkg and Rear Lip Spoiler stickers for $28,915! My 2014 has a sticker price of $27,840, so the 2015 is priced $1,075 higher (which is reasonable for adding the moonroof and sat radio if you want those features, but it also pushed the price of the Touring much closer to the Grand Touring. A base 2015 GT is only $1,775 more at $30,690...

Anyway, I have a written offer of $27,595 plus $399 'Admin Fee', $66 tag/title fees and 6.75% Georgia Title Ad Valorem Tax (what we pay instead of Sales Tax on car purchases) for a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring with MRCC+FOW (Radar Cruise Control & Forward Obstruction Warning). It's Blue Reflex with Black (Leather instead of Leatherette) just like the one I'm replacing. I have also qualified for the 0% 60-month promo financing they're offering on the 2014, so I'm going to buy instead of lease this time around.

FYI- other than the option package changes for the Touring model, there are only a handful of minor changes for 2015. Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry (part of the 2014 Touring Tech Pkg) is now standard on all Touring models. All models now have auto up/down on all windows and the power window switches are illuminated on all doors. A new color called 'Deep Crystal Blue' has been added to the six colors available on the 2014.

Back