How to restore NB1 image saved in TomTom HOME

:
18 CX-5
I have been backing up NB1 diligently in TomTom HOME after every map and/or app update. Just wondering, if the original SD card is lost during transit (between car & PC) how can I restore saved image to new SD card. Without original SD card TomTom HOME won't detect any "device" and won't allow any operation including Restore function, is this true? Can i simply move files and folders to the new card without using TT HOME? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the information but perhaps I was not clear. The assumption being that I've lost the original SD card (the one with Mazda stick that came with the car) which by the way is the only reason I need to do the restore step. Referring to the TomTom web link the first step below cannot be fulfilled, as a working NB1 SD card (or "device") is not available. Without a detected device TomTom HOME does not allow me to proceed with Restore step.

1. Connect your device to your computer and start TomTom HOME.

Seems to me that you could buy a backup SD card now and create a backup on it since you do have the original SD card. No?

Can an exact copy of the OEM SD card be made onto another SD card w/o using TomTom website? I've never removed the card but the idea of making a copy sounds like a smart thing to do, when creating a second card what size card is recommended?

Seems to me that you could buy a backup SD card now and create a backup on it since you do have the original SD card. No?

Good idea to create backup card even before disaster strikes. Only problem: once the original SD card is removed from PC (in order that the backup SD card can be inserted), TomTom HOME detects device disconnection and disables the Restore button right away.

Can an exact copy of the OEM SD card be made onto another SD card w/o using TomTom website? I've never removed the card but the idea of making a copy sounds like a smart thing to do, when creating a second card what size card is recommended?

Thanks cxracer! It works. Without starting TomTom HOME I simply copied everything under TomTom backup folder to the backup SD card, from here:

\Users\[user]\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\Mazda Navigation System NB1\Backup01\InternalMemory\

The backup card is recognized by car and functions exact same way as OEM SD card!

I am sure it will work equally well if TomTom is completely bypassed, meaning, card to card copying.

Thank you all.

What size card did you use for the back-up? I need to go buy one and do this today.

What size card did you use for the back-up? I need to go buy one and do this today.

16GB but 8GB is more than enough even with the US-CANADA combined map data. i just grabbed from the leftover in junk box. By the way it's Class 6 only yet boots up pretty fast in the car, like the OEM card. Subsequent map data access cool too.

Worked like a charm for me as fortunately I had connected mine in the past with Tom Tom home that created a backup. So $8 bucks 85MB/s SD card later I am set! A class 4 card from my old phone also worked fine.

Back