Aw_MP5 - Build Thread - Slow Build

Aw_MP5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey, I recently converted from a Honda Fan boy over to Mazda, When I wrote off my car (EJ1) :(

So I picked up a 2002 MP5 Se for $800 with 260,000kms with lots of wear and tear items replaced all ready (Tires, Brakes, Timing belt, Struts) and of course because I am in Canada it has the awesome rust around rear wheel wells and on the hatch.

This Will be a slow build as I am still in high school and Work alot.

My First mod was the Short Ram Intake as the stock one was held together with duct tape

Also swapped the Deck and Sub from my civic, Can't Decide what speakers I want yet

Last edited:
Once I get my insurance pay out for my Crashed Civic, The Rust removal will begin, New Quarter panels and treat whatever rust I can find after that

Oh and fix the E brake that doesn't work lol

Where's abouts are you from? Make sure to rust proof that thing once you get the rust fixed!

Ordered cork sport shifter bushing

I also want a new shift knob , Shunk 2 racing one of my civic doesn't fit :(

What is the thread size. I found 8x1.25, 10x1.25 and 10x1.50 but I need a 100% answer

How is the chassis/undercarriage of the car doing?

Do you have any pictures of that area?

Also, look into your inner fenders when you cut out the old outer ones in the rear, those tend to get contaminated from the outer rust as well.

I was surprised by how clean the undercarriage was. A little rust on the controls arms and bits and the rear bumper support.

No pictures at the moment but I can get some.

I defiantly think the inner fenders will have to be repaired as well

Finally took a look at why my E brake doesn't work, Passenger side is completely seized and the Drivers is missing a post that holds the spring and the cable was un done

I also Built and Carpeted my own Sub box and picked up a new Alpine amp

Passenger side

Drivers

New Sub Box

Heading to the parts store on Monday to buy 2 rear calipers

Got 2 new rear calipers

also Ordered a Weighted shifter Knob, Suede Shifter boot and Carbon fiber stubby antenna

Well that escalated quickly...... Good luck out there in the honda world
aha Yeah it did, Got offered an amazing deal and couldnt pass it up.

I actually sold the Mazda for 1500 and I kept the sub and the parts I ordered

Back