anyone remove their front seats?

silver cx5

:
cx5 touring awd bose sunroof tech package
I want to take out my seats to thoroughly clean the interior. There are only four bolts but the wire harness is scaring me. Dont want to mess up the airbags or anything.

I have removed the front seats from a diferent car with air bags in the seats. There is no problem if you leave the ignition off. In the case of the push button ignition I would leave the "key" in the house.

The front seats are easy. 4 bolts and disconnect the harness below the seat. I also first disconnected my battery and let the car sit for a couple minutes just to be sure the airbags were disabled.

They are on there pretty good too. I had to use my 1/2" drive wrench. They are also the reverse torx bolts. All the major auto parts stores should carry the sockets. I think I got mine at Advance.

I took out the passenger seat in my wifes altima for a week and I had to take it back to the dealer to turn off the airbag light.

Which one is that, reverse torx?
I will have to remove both front ones pretty soon, to install amps in there.

Thanks, I will get them.
I have machined some riser spacers, 1-1/2" tall. I don't want to block the air ducts and blow hot air into the amps. I have purchased some SS #10x2-1/2" sheet metal screws. I will drill into the car, to mount the amps.

Reverse torx bolts. Does that mean I will remove them by turning clockwise?

Reverse torx bolts. Does that mean I will remove them by turning clockwise?
No. A torx head bolt usually has the pattern sunk into the head of the bolt, like a Philips screw. Reverse torx, the pattern is raised up and much like a regular bolt.

Back