Body Work Advice ? Accident Happened...

Hey folks I got into a automobile accident this evening I need some advice...
Here is a pic of the damage below...
How should I get this fixed by efficiently paying out of pocket?
*Buy the door from a part out, junk yard or online to save some money because that is the main damage and take it to whichever body shop I choose...or just have the Mazda Dealer Body Shop take over, or other well known body shops, or craigslist non-popular body shop (independent/individual)...
What type of body shop would you choose and should I get the door from another source?
What am I expected to pay? $2,000-$3,000?
I will write the full story in the next post...

2GNelEE.jpg

Umm if it wasnt your fault and insurance covers it just take it somewhere. If youre broke id buy one from a junkyard or partout and put it on yourself but idk youd have to see if it lines up with your wheel well cause it looks crushed more pics would help here

Okay so it is about 5pm rush hour in the Northern VA area...I am on RT 1 South, traffic is pretty moderate a lot of drivers are not driving efficiently (driving below the speed limit, chilling, talking on the phone, texting causing traffic). The speed limit is 45MPH I am going about 45MPH-55MPH, 45MPH is pretty fast for RT1. It feels like I was speeding but I was not plus I am going uphill, I was switching lanes a lot because of inefficient drivers are in my way. So, I am in the middle right lane accelerating uphill, and I decide to change lanes to the last right lane because it was super open...I see a car slowly inching forth on the RT 1 service road trying to get into the right lane on RT1 which I was in, from the shopping center, I was about 60 yards away from this other car...I am blaring about 50MPH I see her I had enough time to do the following...Honk my super tones horn twice to let her know to "STOP INCHING FORWARD IM COMING THRU STAY ON YOUR SERVICE ROAD"...she didn't hear it and there was no time to brake and stop, so I maintain speed I see her going for it and I try to dodge it by jumping back into the middle right lane (thank god no one was there)and the first half of my car made it I was a lil happy but then she hits the rear right passenger door, and I lose control (swerve 3 time) but regain it because im a freaking BOSS ! I pull into the service road and parked...END of PT1

So I get out, and they get out 3 white youngsters, age mid 20s, the main girl that was driving looked like she was 20... and 2 other passengers (guys)...So the one guy tried to speak for her try to be big boss and s***, the girl is just complaining saying im trying to be nascar, im a reckless driver, 2Fast2Furious...So he's like gimme your information its your fault, im like no because its not my fault...so he tells her to call the police and im like okay...So I wait for like 5 minutes and ask them are they coming...and he was like just give me your information...I say no and they didn't call the police so I did, im like WTF...so the police arrives in 10 minutes...during that time a witness comes...and talks to those 3 people they were on their side, he was saying I was speeding driving wreckless switching lanes too much...I'll admit to you guys, I was switching lanes a lot, and I was accelerating and decelerating alot but I was not speeding I was going the limit +/- 10MPH...So he talks to them...Police comes 3 people were so eager to talk to the police and im just chillin playing the cool guy...and he tells them he will talk to the witness first...so he does for 10min...the witness leaves... then he talks to the 3 people for about 10min telling their side of the story...then he finally talks to me...He tells me that "From all the information perspective you are not at fault" and I explain my story...he says no matter what is going on RT1 She has to stay on the service road until it is fully clear...to get onto RT1...I was like yea man !!! He did say that the witness said that I was driving pretty erratically, I had no comment but he said it doesnt matter even tho you were doing some wrong on RT 1 she should have waited...Her b**** ass starts lying and getting caught and things wernt making sense when she starts to sound desperate that her friends started to look at her like WTF...she started to say I was already in the lane in RT1 and I was like "well If you were I would have rear ended you...and she said more stuff...the cop was like I will write a report and I will give each other ones information and you guys figure it out if you wanna go thru the insurance company or do a settlement... I was like cool...TIP:I don't have insurance but I was not at fault...I guess I played the bluff game no one knew...I was gonna call their insurance when I got home...but the guy was like how about we take care of our end and you take care of yours...I accepted that offer because I don't know what would happen when they figure out I don't have insurance when they know they were at fault...so now Im stuck with my damages !

Last edited:
agr99, I could have let their insurance company pay for it but I accepted their offer of taking car of our own damages (He pleading that both of our insurance will go up if we call) he doesn't want that or he could be in the same boat as me that I don't have insurance.
I accepted the offer because I was scared for them and me when they figure out I don't have insurance...even tho they were at fault...What would have happened?

Doesn't matter that you don't have insurance when you're not at fault, you kind of screwed yourself. However you can probly get the accident report and go through it and find out their insurance company

Traffic up there sucks I dread going up in your area

Ahh man I should have bought a dash cam...I was just scared cauz isnt it illegal to drive without insurance...what would they do when they find out I don't have insurance...I could go after them but I gave them my word that I would walk from it and they walk from it too...they were some hard headed people, I have a slight headace dizzy and I think my back needs to be cracked lol...

Step 1 buy insurance, there is a reason why it's illegal not to have it. Get your car fixed on their dime

Well two things, like tweety said no insurance kinda bones you, cause you could have had all that. And another, you gave your word you wouldn't. So its on you now. Look around for another door

It's gonna be two doors plus the fender work at a minimum, but you shouldn't have to pay you should make her insurance fix it.

People go back on their word all the time. When it's people you don't know the hell with them.

Worst case with you not having insurance is $500 fine from dmv. But there should be no contact with your insurance company at all. Even if you had insurance it would be the same process

Hey so, I got good deals on a 2 doors from a partout of a Mazda Protege MP3 everything included, should be a direct swap right...
Will they fit perfect?
I am going to replace the front door because I know the bodyshop will charge minmum of like $300 to fix the dent and paint it and the used door would only be $100...
Me and my bestfriend will drive to NY to pickup these 2 doors in his RX8 hopefully they will fit in his car !

step 1, why the phuc wouldn't you have insurance!? who cares about your msp, if you hit someone and they SUE you, that is what your insurance is for...... your fault or not, they can still turn around and sue.

Get doors from a junker or something off a p5. prefereably a blue one. the less paintwork that needs doing the cheaper it will be. if you can get doors from a laser blue and just have them tinted to match your laser its best.
before you worry about doors though id find out what the damage to the fender well is gonna cost to fix and blend. that i think is where most of the money is gonna go, assuming there isnt more damage to the frame you cant see.

Back