CX-5 bluetooth grayed out

:
'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White
Hello,

Wife's CX-5 Bluetooth option just turned off - became unavailable. It did work fine for months until yesterday.

What can I do to enable it, fix, turn back on? It just stays 'grayed out'. I've done 'reset to defaults of all settings' but it did not help.

Anything can be done to reset it?

Please let me know.

You probably will have to disconnect the battery for five minutes or so to reset it. But, I'd have the dealer investigate why it became disabled, if you have the option available to you. I ended up having to have my bluetooth module replaced after it kept corrupting USB drives.

Same thing happened to my car. Disconnect the battery as damieljw states. Mine did it a few weeks ago. Hasn't done it since but I'll discuss it with the dealer when I take it in for its first 5000 mile service this week.

Thanks. Just saw the other thread too. I'll do the battery disconnect.

Exact same thing happened to me on Friday! Maybe related to solar flares? (eek2)

Anyway, the battery disconnect solved it. HOWEVER, besides the radio stations having to be reset, I found that the "express down" on the driver's window (or whatever you want to call that feature) had stopped working! A look in the owners manual (page 3-30) revealed that this feature has to be reset following a battery disconnect. Who knew? Anyway, reading the reset instructions leads me to believe that the "express down" feature can be enabled on ANY of the windows, not just the driver's window. Have to try this out when I get home. One other item, I leave my dash brightness control all the way up all the time. The battery disconnect reset that so I had to turn the knob to full brightness again (no biggie, just something else to note). Anybody else have any other items that pop up when you disconnect the battery? It would be nice to have a checklist of things to reset/look out for when you disconnect/reconnect the battery.

I had the same issue with the bluetooth being grayed out and not working. I went to the dealer to have it looked at and they said the bluetooth module was corrupted and needed to be replaced. Based on what the service tech said it sounded like this wasn't necessarily a rare occurrence. It was off for about 3-4 months and then came back on while I was waiting for the new module to be shipped to the dealer. I still had it replaced. Has worked fine since.

Battery disconnect did the trick. Hopefully, it'll last now.

You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just open the fuse box under the hood (engine turned off). Pull out AUD1 and AUD2, location printed on the inside of the fuse box lid. Use the small plier provided at the same place. Wait for at least 10 seconds and put the fuses back. Start the engine and wait for the head unit to locate the bluetooth module. Ta-daa!

Hope this works as good for any of you as it did for me.

At one point someone showed the key combination to get into the firmware pages. I believe it was SETUP+Volume/Power on+off - I tried it this weekend and I get a total different menu now, must be part of the "firmware update" they performed. I will look at the fuse box.... How in the world can something like this get disconnected? USB also disconnected.

Reporting back with a big THANKS - pulled both fuses - radio worked normally, bluetooth and iPod are back.

this happened to me last week - on a road trip in the middle of nowhere, so it was extra frustrating. I came on here and saw that people with this same problem were having their BT modules replaced so I immediately called the dealership and asked them to order the part for me, as I was bringing it in for its first 5k service soon anyway. They said they had to try a battery disconnect first to see if that did the trick, which I was not happy about since something is obviously wrong whether that fixes it or not. They then called me back the next day and said they had 4 CX-5's come in after my call, all with the exact same problem, and the battery disconnect was not working, so they would replace the BT module. Getting my replaced this weekend, hopefully all goes well.

Pulling the AUDIO 1 & 2 fuses for ten seconds did the trick for me. Thanks!! 2014.5 CX-5

This has happened multiple times. My cx-5 is no longer covered by warranty. With the battery disconnected, it is a good time to add distilled H2O to the battery as water evaporates in Nevada. Pain in the butt to do all the work to have my phone operate through the car's app. My TOMTOM is the #1 reason I will not purchase a Mazda again.

This has happened multiple times. My cx-5 is no longer covered by warranty. With the battery disconnected, it is a good time to add distilled H2O to the battery as water evaporates in Nevada. Pain in the butt to do all the work to have my phone operate through the car's app. My TOMTOM is the #1 reason I will not purchase a Mazda again.

Why would you disconnect the battery when you can pull a couple of fuses (as described above)?

The new Mazdas don't use TomTom any longer.

Thank you!

It worked! And it was easy. Im not handy at all, scared myself a few times but now we are back on the road....WITH SOUND. Viva la Bluetooth :)

You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just open the fuse box under the hood (engine turned off). Pull out AUD1 and AUD2, location printed on the inside of the fuse box lid. Use the small plier provided at the same place. Wait for at least 10 seconds and put the fuses back. Start the engine and wait for the head unit to locate the bluetooth module. Ta-daa!

Hope this works as good for any of you as it did for me.

My wife just had to do this today, for the second time (first was about two years ago). Is there a more permanent fix available? Sadly, I am just out of the "basic" warranty period and I'm assuming the powertrain portion won't cover this...

Back