Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 225 55r19

I just replaced my OEM Toyo's at a whopping 28,650 miles having maintained air pressure and rotations at 5k intervals. 3 tires were down to 2/32 whereas one was at 3/32. The Toyo rep told me that this is typical of OEM spec'd tires as auto manufacturers will request that the tires for a given car are soft for a cushy test drive. Sounded like a load of BS to me but I also read similar explanations on-line. BTW, Toyo was willing to kick in a 30% credit for a replacement set of tires by an authorized dealer but the cost of the replacement tires exceeded the Pirellis, even w/the discount. I told the rep that they need to re-think their strategy of putting the soft, lesser quality tires on as I'd never consider a Toyo branded tire again! I ended up getting the best price at Walmart.com and then had America's Tire do a price match.

Same here: Sayonara, Toyos.
Just took the P7 plunge myself: a pair was $407.23 delivered from Amazon, & then I burned another $50 cash for mount/balance labor & TDF from a local shop (Allen Tire).
Our 2018 GT had 16,898 on the odometer @ purchase, & the front Toyo A36s were already down to ~1mm of remaining tread. Stealership quoted $548 for 2 more A36s ...... no, thanks.

Just took the P7 plunge myself: a pair was $407.23 delivered from Amazon, & then I burned another $50 cash for mount/balance labor & TDF from a local shop (Allen Tire).
Our 2018 GT had 16,898 on the odometer @ purchase, & the front Toyo A36s were already down to ~1mm of remaining tread. Stealership quoted $548 for 2 more A36s ...... no, thanks.
So after 16,898 miles the front Toyo A36’s were down to 1 mm? Looks like you bought only 2 Pirelli P7’s I’d assume the rear Toyo’s are still fine? It seems to me that you didn’t do the recommended 7,500-mile tire rotation properly.

What was the tread on the rear like? Is your GT AWD? If so you should of probably replaced the rear as well.

Yeah, I figured this might emerge. It's FWD only.
The rear tread depths are ~5-6mm, so they pass muster.
The 4 cure dates all appear to match (2D11818), so we might even assume that the PO didn't ever replace any of them.
Plus, we had an alignment done right after purchase (& the tech found our toe-in was OOS on 3 of them) ..... so it seems that just the fronts wore quicker.

Yeah, I figured this might emerge. It's FWD only.
The rear tread depths are ~5-6mm, so they pass muster.
The 4 cure dates all appear to match (2D11818), so we might even assume that the PO didn't ever replace any of them.
Plus, we had an alignment done right after purchase (& the tech found our toe-in was OOS on 3 of them) ..... so it seems that just the fronts wore quicker.
Sounds like you're good. I have the Pirelli Scorpions on my 16. Good tire.

You're right, Toyo's suck and I don't think Mazda puts them on for a soft ride, they put them on because they're cheap. I replaced them at 22,000 cause the ride was horrendous.

Kool. I almost bought Scorpions myself.
We got this rig from the original owner & even back then at <17K, the front 2 Toyos were GONE.

Last edited:
We've owned the car for 2 months.
Sorry, I should have said the previous owner didn’t rotate the tire under his ownership.

Personally I’d like to have the same (brand and model) 4 tires on my vehicle even if it’s a FWD. But the tire price is so outrageous nowadays, I guess we just have to save money as much as we can. My Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 cost me only $76 a piece brand new just a few years ago, now it’s $120!

Last edited:
No worries, Mate!
Agreed, & given my 'druthers - I also prefer 4 of the same "feather", so to speak. My wallet (unfortunately) currently lacks the girth to nurse that option, so I'll limp-along for a while upon those 2 A36s that are as old as the vehicle.
As a rule, I try to check bargain imports for their country of origin & will routinely avoid those from china. (<< Notice how I didnt even CAP "china" here - that's deliberate). Yes, I have issues.

But, given my rotten luck w/ road hazards, I'd guess these 2 old A36s will accumulate a drywall screw, nail, etc - w/in a year or so anyway. Heck, I once picked-up a broken/cheap serrated SS steak knife! Wiped-out a new Michelin MX.

I should get a pool started here, 'cuz krap like this is pretty typical for me:

Attachments

• NAIL.jpeg
    NAIL.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I too was looking for a replacement for my oem Toyo's that wore out way too soon. I was looking at the Conti LX25's, Michelin CC 2's and the Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's. Don't get me wrong, the Toyo's were a great performing tire but who wants to buy an expensive tire then have to replace it way to early. I compared the ratings of my other choices and the Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3, which was a new model in 2021, came out on top. I bought mine at COSTCO (here in Canada). They tried to sell me the Michelin CC2's but I resisted and I'm glad I did, as my neighbor bought the CC2's and loved them for a year until they started to get REALLY noisy, so bad, that he returned them to COSTCO. I absolutely LOVE my Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's, so far.

⋯ as my neighbor bought the CC2's and loved them for a year until they started to get REALLY noisy, so bad, that he returned them to COSTCO.
So you can return the tires bought from Costco after a year of usage? Did he get a full refund or pro-rated?

I too was looking for a replacement for my oem Toyo's that wore out way too soon. I was looking at the Conti LX25's, Michelin CC 2's and the Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's. Don't get me wrong, the Toyo's were a great performing tire but who wants to buy an expensive tire then have to replace it way to early. I compared the ratings of my other choices and the Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3, which was a new model in 2021, came out on top. I bought mine at COSTCO (here in Canada). They tried to sell me the Michelin CC2's but I resisted and I'm glad I did, as my neighbor bought the CC2's and loved them for a year until they started to get REALLY noisy, so bad, that he returned them to COSTCO. I absolutely LOVE my Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's, so far.
I've got the same Pirelli's on my CX5 and I am happy with them. I am just starting my second season.

So you can return the tires bought from Costco after a year of usage? Did he get a full refund or pro-rated?
Actually, it was 8 months he had the CC2's but COSTCO offered him a new set (4) of different Michelin's for $200. He was happy with that deal.

Last edited:
Back