Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 225 55r19

boxer0987

:
mazda cx5 grand touring awd
I am about to buy new tires. Will these work. They seem identical to stock other than an h rating vs v.
mazda cx5 grandtouring awd

I am about to buy new tires. Will these work. They seem identical to stock other than an h rating vs v.
mazda cx5 grandtouring awd

Welcome to mazdas247.

How many miles do you have on your worn Toyo tires?

They work, I have them. Worlds better than the Toyos, which I struggled to get 35k out of.

Wow, must be driving hard. I have 27K miles on Toyos, less than 1/2 worn.

Regarding new Pirellis, how are they better? Ride, handling, noise, comfort? I assume they are nearly new.

Last edited:
Were the pirelli's cheaper than the Toyos? if so I that would be a big reason for me to switch.

Wow, must be driving hard. I have 27K miles on Toyos, less than 1/2 worn.

Regarding new Pirellis, how are they better? Ride, handling, noise, comfort? I assume they are nearly new.

Only if you consider 30 miles one way of straight highway driving hard...

Softer ride for starters, sidewalls aren't as stiff because they are more of a touring tire. Wet traction is WAY better. Road noise was OK with the Toyos, but the Pirellis are quieter. They are a harder tire, and I bought them more for the long run.

Were the pirelli's cheaper than the Toyos? if so I that would be a big reason for me to switch.

Yes, significantly cheaper.

Only if you consider 30 miles one way of straight highway driving hard...

Softer ride for starters, sidewalls aren't as stiff because they are more of a touring tire. Wet traction is WAY better. Road noise was OK with the Toyos, but the Pirellis are quieter. They are a harder tire, and I bought them more for the long run.

Not sure why your Toyos wore out so fast, but it can happen no doubt. Most here haven't experienced that kind of rapid wear.

Good to know the Pirellis seem good so far. How many miles do you have on them? I will watch for your report when you have significant miles, these could be the best alternative 19" tire.

I checked TireRack... the OE Toyo's are $269/each compared to $170 for the Pirelli's. That's a no brainer right there!

Not sure why your Toyos wore out so fast, but it can happen no doubt. Most here haven't experienced that kind of rapid wear.

Good to know the Pirellis seem good so far. How many miles do you have on them? I will watch for your report when you have significant miles, these could be the best alternative 19" tire.

Im at 6k? I think, I know I did them right before my 37.5k oil change, and Im just about due for another change now, so thats probably about right. Probably enough miles to get a good feel for them anyway.

The choices in 225/55-19 are limited, but more abundant in 235/55-19. I wasnt willing to take the hit on mileage and gearing to go up that much...

Im at 6k? I think, I know I did them right before my 37.5k oil change, and Im just about due for another change now, so thats probably about right. Probably enough miles to get a good feel for them anyway.

The choices in 225/55-19 are limited, but more abundant in 235/55-19. I wasnt willing to take the hit on mileage and gearing to go up that much...

Agreed, that should be enough miles to assess most characteristics. The only other question that will come with 20K miles+ is the noise level increase when tires are well worn.

Yes, especially with a 2.0L I'm unwilling to change or increase tire diameter and take hit in acceleration.

I'd take Pirelli over Toyo anyday.

The .5 in Overall Diameter to go to the 235/55/19 would have been a killer in mileage. A 245/50/19 would be more in line for overal diameter. In that size, specific tire weight would be more of a factor for mainitaining fuel mileage.

anyone have these?
General AltiMAX RT43 , extremely high reviews on tire rack.
$105/tire isnt bad...

Results based on 73 submissions of our online tire survey.
Survey Tabs
SurveyTabs.gif

Surveyed Averages 1 100% 8.5 8.9 9.0 8.8 9.3 8.7 8.7 8.4 7.6 9.1 9.1 8.7 532,790

Agreed, that should be enough miles to assess most characteristics. The only other question that will come with 20K miles+ is the noise level increase when tires are well worn.

Yes, especially with a 2.0L I'm unwilling to change or increase tire diameter and take hit in acceleration.

Now that Im closing in on 50k, I thought this was worth updating to mention that there has been no change. Road manners are still excellent. Id absolutely buy them again.

I ended up buying the General AltiMAX RT43 for my minivan, absolutely wonderful tires for comfort, quiet, and good traction. Much better then Aquatreads from Goodyear used previously.

I am leaning toward the Pirelli SCORPION VERDE™ ALL SEASON PLUS for my CX-5 at this point... just waiting for my reviews to show up on tirerack

I am struggling with this decision. I'd really like to get the Pirelli Cintaurato 225/55/R19, Sams club cautioned me about dropping down from V rated tires to H rated tires. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for all your response.

paris1 ty. Not worried about speed. Just worried about handling and ride quality. Would like lower noise

Just an update. I did end up getting the cintuarato p7s and got a great deal at discount tire by matching SAMs instant rebate. My initial impression is that I find no difference between the oem and these.

Last edited:
Back