Incredibly Harsh and Bumpy Ride? Am I crazy?! ~ TEST DRIVE

Alright, time to eat some crow.... My MZ3 came to me from the dealership last week with all four tires inflated at 30 PSI. (I wrote about it in another thread.) No idea why they did that, but I was too busy working 12+ hour shifts every day, and I did not have many miles to drive to work, so.... I didn't get around to pumping my tires up to 36 PSI until this morning. Guess what – the car steers better now, not so squishy. (Duh!)

With properly inflated tires, my MZ3 still does not replicate the gritty cracks-in-the-road feel of a manual steering column, but it steers noticeably better at 36 PSI than at 30. Can everybody forgive me, please?

The dealership is going to get dinged for the PSI oversight. Detailing??? What detailing? My regular shop would never allow me to drive away on underinflated tires, let alone in a new vehicle. And the dealership failed to update the firmware as I insisted upon, and they promised they did. Very bad service department first impression. No reason ever to go back there after my one prepaid oil change.

First, you must place your right hand on a rotary engine and solemnly swear not to conflate Mazda and Hyundai again. Then write "Zoom Zoom" on the blackboard 100 times. Then all will be forgiven. And I like my crow extra-crispy, with a generous helping of Soul Red Buffalo Sauce. (cheers)

Just kidding, congratulations on seeing the light. :)

I recently rented a car and had the options of a GMC Acadia, a Hyundai Santa Fe, or an Infinti G 37. Of course I picked the G 37. Funny thing is that when the lady said GMC, I said next before even letting her tell me what the model was, and then she said Hyundai, she could even get the word Hyundai completely out of her mouth before I said next. I have owned several GMC products, and have driven several Hyundai's, and would not allow myself to drive in either vehicle for a week that had such poor driving dynamics and such numb steering. And to be honest, the G37's sports tuned suspension was only slightly more taut than my 2012 Mazda 3, so yeah, Mazda does tuned their suspensions to be on the taut side of things. i will have to say though, the Koni FSD's that I just recently installed on my 5 are a good compromise of both. Softer and comfortable over the open road, but firm up considerably when driven hard around turns.

I have 2017 cx9. Bumpiest riding vehicle i have ever ridden in. Can't see how anyone can deny this. Madza equates sport handling with stiff suspension. Fewl evey ripple in the road. Seats absorb no bumps. Most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever driven. No more Madzas for me

I have 2017 cx9. Bumpiest riding vehicle i have ever ridden in. Can't see how anyone can deny this. Madza equates sport handling with stiff suspension. Fewl evey ripple in the road. Seats absorb no bumps. Most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever driven. No more Madzas for me

You are posting your CX-9 complaint in a Mazda 3 thread that was lat updated in 2014. And it must be you as nobody has ever complained of the CX-9 being too stiff.

i just read on another post that mazda inflates the s*** out of their tires so they do not get any flat spots on the boat ride from japan.. that is most likely why you are experiencing such a harsh ride. both my mazda 6 and the 3 i've driven in the past rides well for how sporty they are.

Back