Motor swap time

Jordysoso

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
What do I need to drop in an FS-ZE? Will it bolt up to my auto tranny ok? Or am I better off trying to find another FS-DE? If anyone can put a link to a thread for the ze motor swap or anyone has experience doing it let me know. I also will have to make it pass echeck, so help me out letting me know what I need to add/take off/change, etc.

What's the deal with all the fsze swaps lately?

If you search you will know what all you need to swap out. Direct bolt in but you have to swap some stuff out

What's the deal with all the fsze swaps lately?

If you search you will know what all you need to swap out. Direct bolt in but you have to swap some stuff out

Already tried searching. Gave me four pages only of results and nothing useful.

internally it's just a higher compression version of the fs-de, different cams too but unsure if on all fs-ze.

internally it's just a higher compression version of the fs-de, different cams too but unsure if on all fs-ze.

They are easier to find than the DE. And I know I have to put an egr on it as one of the things. As far as connectors and motor mounts go it's all the same just different thermostat/rad hose position and the internals?

Gotta swap crank pulley crank position sensor intake manifold and a couple other little things

Back