ABS, TCS OFF, traction lights

caldweja

:
Mazda cx-9
Hi all: Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. More and more frequently, while driving, the ABS, TCS OFF and squiggly traction light will all come on at the same time in 2008 CX-9 AWD. I have started to detect a slight rattling noise right before it happens, but no other discernible indicator (like not necessarily on a turn, at a certain speed, going over a bump, etc...). My wife swears that she also feels that the brakes are "squishy" when it happens. But, then the lightst all go off, and there are no codes when I check. Any ideas?

Take a peek at your brake fluid level as well. According to a dealer, my wife's 09 CX9 was low on brake fluid causing a similar issue. I check the fluid once in a while but haven't had to add more in the last couple years.

I second Ceric.
When there is a slight vibration followed by a fault light, usually that is an abs sensor.

My 2008 cx9 just started doing the same thing occasionally while braking. Added brake fluid (it was about an inch below the Max line), but it didn't seem to solve the problem although oddly it seems to be doing it less often (I'm guessing it's just coincidence though).
Assuming there's a faulty abs sensor, is there a quick and easy way to know which one? Would it show up on an obd scanner?

In my experience, a bad abs sensor has a visual indicator such as a frayed or pulled wire, crack in the sensor or other indicator. If not, scanner should locate. Hope you get that sorted out!

Back