HELP! CEL p0090 p0171

chorton1993

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
i have a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege. i have those two codes in the title. i do know what they mean my problem is solving them. i replaced the fuel pressure regulator and fpr controil circuit or solenoid. new spark plugs not sure if properly gapped. but thats not the issue. my problem is it runs fine till warmed up then wants to stall, or does stall like cruising i push in clutch or put it in neutral and bam she turns off. now the boost is fine and it runs well besides idle when warm yes i cleaned egr valve i know thats a problem cleaned it 3 times within 4000 miles. mods consist of cat back pillars injen cai and thats about it besides that stock. i need help! please anything i havent checked for a vacuum leak thought :(

I had the same stalling problem with my 03.5 and had to replace spark plugs and ignition coils and that seem to fix the problem.

I had that problem and replaced my wastegate and it fixed the issue. Also check for vacum leaks. Check for cracks in the exhaust manifold,missing studs, and check intercooler pipes for cracks if you are still running stock.

so my problem seems to be on hot starts, and it wont stay running unless i give it alittle gas wont stall unless my car is already hot. have new intercooler pipes, there is a crack in exhaust manifold but i wouldnt see how that hurts, i replaced spark plugs and ignition coils

Back