New owner, has kids, needs rear headrests

woodboatchris

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hi everyone,

I bought my first P5 - all stock, 135k miles, blue, automatic. I bought it as a "pick the kids up from school" and commuter. I love the car, even though I feel a little self-conscious in it (it seems too sporty for my grey beard and bald head).

BUT, when I got it home and put the booster seats in for my children I noticed it was missing the rear headrests. Turns out Mazda wants 72 bucks a piece for them!

If anyone has advice on how to find a used pair, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Chris in Seattle

ps - I'm also thinking of swapping the warped rotors, but haven't worked on a car in years. Maybe it's time to get my hands greasy again...

You could stop by a local wrecker to see what they have,... They could be really cheap.

Hi everyone,

I bought my first P5 - all stock, 135k miles, blue, automatic. I bought it as a "pick the kids up from school" and commuter. I love the car, even though I feel a little self-conscious in it (it seems too sporty for my grey beard and bald head).

BUT, when I got it home and put the booster seats in for my children I noticed it was missing the rear headrests. Turns out Mazda wants 72 bucks a piece for them!

If anyone has advice on how to find a used pair, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Chris in Seattle

ps - I'm also thinking of swapping the warped rotors, but haven't worked on a car in years. Maybe it's time to get my hands greasy again...

Find used ones at the Marketplace link here or look for a Protege or Protege5 at a junkyard.

Send a private message to ScratchNSniff and tell him what you need--this is the best option. Alternately, e-bay.

For the brakes, RockAuto.com has the best prices and selection.

Back