Wax on Wax Off!!

kle3good

:
2014 mazda 6 touring
Getting ready to wax for the first time. Please if you read this give me your recommendation for what you feel is the best wax to use!!~ Thanx.

Hi, up here in the northland I like to use NuFinish as you only have to apply it once a year and it really does stand up to the harsh elements for a year as advertised. It may not have the "glamour" appeal of some of the more esoteric wax brands out there, but for me, it's always done the job. I usually apply this in summer, wait a month and re-apply an additional coat as directed on the bottle. Not very expensive either and can be found most anywhere including Target, Walmart, etc. I suppose it depends on whether you're looking more for protection from the elements or for maximum gloss appeal, if the latter there are fancier products out there (Meguiars products are good for that and also not particularly expensive compared to some others). These usually require multiple applications and don't last as long though. Rampage

Thanks Rampage for the input. What we have here is SEVERE heat (up to 120) and lots of Sun for several months thru the spring summer and fall........ does that change anything??

I would think this fact adds to purchasing a polymer based product (think synthetic) such as NuFinish or similar, as opposed to a traditional carnuba wax based product, which won't last as long in that kind of heat (unless you're willing to reapply every couple of months).

I like Meguiar's Gold Class followed by weekly wash and spray wax using Meguiar's Detailer series X-Press Spray Wax. It's a good combination of cost, shine, and durability.

I hand wax the car about twice a year. The spray wax does a good job in the elements when regularly used. Easy as Pledge

I use Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. It gives my Soul Red 6 a nice wet look and seems to last a while (it's synthetic). I hand wax about every three months. Nothing beats 303 Aerospace Protectant for the interior.

Butter Wet Wax!! Look it up, you will not be disappointed. Another one that just came out on the market is SmartWax. Ten times better than the stuff you buy over the counter at your local Auto Parts Stores. Meguiar's also has a professional "Mirror Glaze" line. Those things carry too many fillers that just hide the imperfections in the paint. If you can also purchase a decent Dual Action (DA) Orbital Polisher you can eliminate the unsightly swirl marks created with hand polishing a vehicle. Something like a Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher which was created for the enthusiast and professional. Good luck and let us know what you came up with. Sorry, I brought back up this posting, just wanted to see what was your decision in Wax.

Get your wallet out and go to: Autogeek.net. Look at the reviews there, there are tons on em. I personally would not go to Autozone to purchase if you want a real wax!

In case your don't know the complete detail process it's:

1.Wash car with dish soap ( it strips all the oils wax and polish)
2.Clay bar
3.Polish
4.Sealer
5.Wax (2 sessions one should be synthetic and another pure canuba)
6.Detail spray
7. Sit back, relax grab a beer (or spliff) and admire how clean your ride is!!!

PS. It's spring now so watch out for bird s***!!!

I use nufinish as well, wash the car regularly with wash and wax type products ( zipwax comes to mind).

Mequiars Ultimate liquid wax is really impressing me right now. It's actually a fully synthetic polymer sealant and it goes on and off very easy and gives the best shine of any synthetic wax I've tried.

Get your wallet out and go to: Autogeek.net. Look at the reviews there, there are tons on em. I personally would not go to Autozone to purchase if you want a real wax!

2.Clay bar
3.Polish
4.Sealer
6.Detail spray

This would be the best approach before waxing or sealing your paint. It consumes a lot time, but the achievement is priceless.

I will be detailing my car using a clay bar. I have not had a shiny car in a long time. My last car that I still have is a 90 626 with 350,000 miles. Its a beater but runs great. But for the new car I just need a little advise since its been a long time since I have waxed a car. If needed do I use the clay bar on the bumper covers and mirrors. And do I wax these things on the painted surface. I assume since it is painted I would. But would hate to make a mistake.

2.Clay bar
3.Polish
4.Sealer
6.Detail spray

I'll give this a shot on my new (to me) M6 this weekend! Never heard of the dish soap approach thanks.

Back