The 3rd Annual Corey Invitational June 15th

rally2003

Shavin lbs!
:
1979 Trans Am, 2003.5 MSP, 2003.5 MSP, 2004 Mazda6, 2011 Mazda2
This years date for the Corey Invitational will be on June 15th at TEA (Toledo Express Airport). For those of you that don't know this is a super flat, grippy, concrete surface. It is also the last event in the NWOR before the Toledo Pro race, meaning there will be a huge turnout and will probably cap out with 250 entries. There is also a challenge event on the 14th for those who want to sign up for that as well. We'll probably be grilling the afternoon/night before like always for those of you that are in the area, crashing at my place, or finding a hotel.

The challenge event on the 14th is a team index race and spots are limited. Sign up as soon as possible because there is a cap of 64 entries and it always fills up. 2 person teams are randomly picked out of a hat and it is a bracket style setup. You'll take your best index time plus your partners index time and it will be compared with the other teams. There is usually a random group that is picked that didn't make it to spice things up for the finals and it goes from there. This course is usually the reverse of the Sundays course and it just gets you more seat time if anything before the next days event if you are feeling a little rusty.

Each year the turnout has increased and would be great if we surpassed last years attendance. Maybe this year we can have more than 20 cars and fill out the SMF, SM, and other classes. Here is a link to the NWOR SCCA website for registering for the events. It will be event #4 and the challenge event.

http://nworscca.com/index.php/2014-solo-schedule

Hope to see you there.

P.S. Mini meet after the autoX at Mr. Freeze :) Best ice cream around.

Name/Car/Class:

1. Corey Plotts / MSP / SMF
2. Will Dodd / Miata / STS
3. Christopher Sholtis /MSP / FP
4. Evan Lewis / MS6 / SM
5. Evan Rosewicz / MS3 / SMF
6. Peaches / Miata / STS
7. Lauri Haase-Sumlin / MSP or MS3 / SMF or SMF-L
8. Stephen Timko / Abarth / GS or SMF
9. Ryan Krise / MS6 / SM
10. David Idell / MS3 / MSF
11. Christopher Abele / Miata / STS
12. Eric Metzger / MS6 / SM
13. Patrick Martz / MS3 / SMF
14. Brian Duke / MS6 / SM
15. Marc Porschke / RX-7 / FP
16. David Idell / MS3 / SMF

Last edited:
Very excited! I'll be in STS getting the final setup dialed in before the Pro.

sub-a-dub. It's Father's Day need to see if there are any family plans first

Phen / Abarth / GS or SMF (depending on who all signs up)

Lauri should run in SMF so she is in the same run group.

Question: Why do the ladies have their own class?

Because they do not have balls!!!! But then again, some guys don't have balls either! Title IX....

Maybe more ladies will come out from the Mazda side, especially the ones that clain they can drive

I never understood that. Isn't it about the driver mod and car? Who cares if you have a wiener or lady bits. Anyway, sorry for the off topic question. Moving on. :)

edit- is there a lady hand class? ;)

I thought we had dubbed this the AJ aint gonna make it invitational? At any rate, I am on the maybe list for now.

edit, I have a lot of things to do on my P5 before I take it to an autocross.

Last edited:
There are other ladies in our group?

Not really, but we have the ladies of OMS and other groups that may come out ( I doubt it, though). I have a feeling that it will be Lauri and the boys!

Back