VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Wheels

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Show Me Your Wheels

Alright shame on me I was hoping to bump into a thread like this but, apparently the mazda3 forum doesn't;'t have one. Post pictures of your car and wheels here!

also shamelessly selling some wheels lol. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...t15-Lugs-Rings

2009 Mazda RX-8

That will have to wait a bit for me. I don't have my new summer-only wheels on, yet. That won't be happening for a few more weeks.
    The Michigan "WANKEL"
    2014 Mazda3s GT Hatchback Soul Red
    2009 RX-8 Grand Touring MTX Sparkling Black Mica
    http://www.mattharrell.net/personal/cars.html

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Not my car but thought I'd share. These may of already been posted in another thread, and I apologize if they have been. I came across these on an advertisement on Facebook. I think it looks really good though. The brakes look sweet too! I told myself I wouldn't change the stance of my car or throw aftermarket wheels on it for that matter. But the few pictures I've seen of custom wheels so far looks great. It really is making me reconsider and fighting the urge that much harder lol

Note: The picture quality isn't uploading the greatest. The original pictures are not glitchy like they are showing on here.

Last edited by Bowman; 03-17-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda S Touring Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman View Post
    Not my car but thought I'd share. These may of already been posted in another thread, and I apologize if they have been. I came across these on an advertisement on Facebook. I think it looks really good though. The brakes look sweet too! I told myself I wouldn't change the stance of my car or throw aftermarket wheels on it for that matter. But the few pictures I've seen of custom wheels so far looks great. It really is making me reconsider and fighting the urge that much harder lol

Note: The picture quality isn't uploading the greatest. The original pictures are not glitchy like they are showing on here.

Is there any way to get the dimensions of the wheels ? mainly width and offset?

2009 Mazda RX-8

I had my OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels (OEM tires) put on today. I love the look. I understand many people don't like the solid black wheel look, but I do for certain colors (red, yellow, white, and silver/gray). I think they look especially good on this car with the black accents. I had considered going with gloss black with machined/polished lip, but I see too many of those around here, especially on boring cars. My wife, who is not at all a car enthusiast, upon returning home from an appointment, declared, "Those wheels make your car look badass." I agree!

These are just some quick phone photos. Once I get it properly clay-barred and waxed, I'll take some real photos with my good camera.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda S Touring Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Chibana View Post
    I had my OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels (OEM tires) put on today. I love the look. I understand many people don't like the solid black wheel look, but I do for certain colors (red, yellow, white, and silver/gray). I think they look especially good on this car with the black accents. I had considered going with gloss black with machined/polished lip, but I see too many of those around here, especially on boring cars. My wife, who is not at all a car enthusiast, upon returning home from an appointment, declared, "Those wheels make your car look badass." I agree!

These are just some quick phone photos. Once I get it properly clay-barred and waxed, I'll take some real photos with my good camera.
    Looks good! Can you take a shot from behind or one at a slight angle from the rear? im trying to see where the offset aligns with the fender.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

I agree. I think those wheels look good. Especially on the red. Good choice in wheels! Do you plan on lowering the car at all down the road, or you going to keep it as it sits?

2009 Mazda RX-8

@NicholasChristi, I'll try to get that photo next time I'm out and have daylight.

@Bowman, I will likely lower the car a bit. This car appears to sit higher off the ground, and has quite a bit more fender gap, than my 2012 Focus did. Parked in the road in front of our house, it was quite noticeable today. I'm hoping that Racing Beat releases springs for this car. I had theirs on my 2005 3, and they were perfect. 1/2" lowering is enough to look better without causing issues on the roads around here. On that car, I had Koni Sports (yellows), but I won't go that stiff this time. It was fine when the 3 was my only car, but now I have the RX-8 to make more hardcore; I want my daily driver to be a bit more civilized. What I would like is Racing Beat springs with Koni FSD dampers. Or, if I can justify the extra $$, and they release a kit for the 2014 3, a CorkSport coilover kit. I like what I've read about their kit for the older 3s, but $1600 is a bit steep for a car that gets this many miles put on it every year.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2014 Mazda 3 Hatch SGT

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman View Post

Do you know the specs on the mods done to the 3?

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by jadnice View Post
    Do you know the specs on the mods done to the 3?
    Unfortunately, no.. I have no information on it whatsoever. It was just a Facebook advertisement that I came across in my news feed. The pictures caught my attention so I saved them. I'm hoping I come across it again wether it be on Facebook or somewhere else, and hopefully I can find out some additional information. Or maybe someone on here can chime in if they know anything about it. It sure is sitting pretty though!

2009 Mazda RX-8

Yes, I won't be lowering my Mazda3 that much, and I intentionally stayed away from 19" wheels. I made the mistake of going to 18" Enkei RPF1s on my 2005 Mazda3 (OEM were 17"). They looked great, but after bending the lip of my third one on the miserable roads around here, I sold them and went down to a 17" wheel.

2009 Mazda RX-8

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasChristi View Post
    Looks good! Can you take a shot from behind or one at a slight angle from the rear? im trying to see where the offset aligns with the fender.
    Hopefully this gets what you're looking for:

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Once again, not mine. Stole this one off of Instagram. I was actually considering doing this myself. I was curious of how it would look, and I think I like it. 18" mazdaspeed wheels. My only concern is how it would look along side the titanium flash paint. It matches up well with the red, but I'm unsure if it would be too much with my color.

Last edited by Bowman; 04-11-2014 at 08:23 PM.

CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Those first few pictures actually look photo shopped.. nice OZ wheels btw. Trailblaze )) more aftermarket wheels, suspension mods etc! these cars are a great platform (see my build thread)!
    Also if anyone would be interested in buying a JBR drop in filter; I used it for about 25mi to decide if I wanted to use my SRi or the drop for my engine tuning. I chose the sri because I love the sound, although it does hold slightly higher intake temperatures. Let me know, I can make a sale thread or post it on ebay. item here http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/sho...roducts_id=594

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Those first few pictures actually look photo shopped..
    That's why I put the side note. The photos uploaded glitchy and look shopped on here but I have the originals on my phone and they don't look photoshopped at all. Even when zooming way in on them. I really don't believe the pictures are edited. For whatever reason they uploaded with issues on here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast