Show Me Your Wheels

That will have to wait a bit for me. I don't have my new summer-only wheels on, yet. That won't be happening for a few more weeks.

Not my car but thought I'd share. These may of already been posted in another thread, and I apologize if they have been. I came across these on an advertisement on Facebook. I think it looks really good though. The brakes look sweet too! I told myself I wouldn't change the stance of my car or throw aftermarket wheels on it for that matter. But the few pictures I've seen of custom wheels so far looks great. It really is making me reconsider and fighting the urge that much harder lol

Note: The picture quality isn't uploading the greatest. The original pictures are not glitchy like they are showing on here.

Last edited:
Not my car but thought I'd share. These may of already been posted in another thread, and I apologize if they have been. I came across these on an advertisement on Facebook. I think it looks really good though. The brakes look sweet too! I told myself I wouldn't change the stance of my car or throw aftermarket wheels on it for that matter. But the few pictures I've seen of custom wheels so far looks great. It really is making me reconsider and fighting the urge that much harder lol

Note: The picture quality isn't uploading the greatest. The original pictures are not glitchy like they are showing on here.

Is there any way to get the dimensions of the wheels ? mainly width and offset?

I had my OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels (OEM tires) put on today. I love the look. I understand many people don't like the solid black wheel look, but I do for certain colors (red, yellow, white, and silver/gray). I think they look especially good on this car with the black accents. I had considered going with gloss black with machined/polished lip, but I see too many of those around here, especially on boring cars. My wife, who is not at all a car enthusiast, upon returning home from an appointment, declared, "Those wheels make your car look badass." I agree!

These are just some quick phone photos. Once I get it properly clay-barred and waxed, I'll take some real photos with my good camera.

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

I had my OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels (OEM tires) put on today. I love the look. I understand many people don't like the solid black wheel look, but I do for certain colors (red, yellow, white, and silver/gray). I think they look especially good on this car with the black accents. I had considered going with gloss black with machined/polished lip, but I see too many of those around here, especially on boring cars. My wife, who is not at all a car enthusiast, upon returning home from an appointment, declared, "Those wheels make your car look badass." I agree!

These are just some quick phone photos. Once I get it properly clay-barred and waxed, I'll take some real photos with my good camera.
Looks good! Can you take a shot from behind or one at a slight angle from the rear? im trying to see where the offset aligns with the fender.

I agree. I think those wheels look good. Especially on the red. Good choice in wheels! Do you plan on lowering the car at all down the road, or you going to keep it as it sits?

@NicholasChristi, I'll try to get that photo next time I'm out and have daylight.

@Bowman, I will likely lower the car a bit. This car appears to sit higher off the ground, and has quite a bit more fender gap, than my 2012 Focus did. Parked in the road in front of our house, it was quite noticeable today. I'm hoping that Racing Beat releases springs for this car. I had theirs on my 2005 3, and they were perfect. 1/2" lowering is enough to look better without causing issues on the roads around here. On that car, I had Koni Sports (yellows), but I won't go that stiff this time. It was fine when the 3 was my only car, but now I have the RX-8 to make more hardcore; I want my daily driver to be a bit more civilized. What I would like is Racing Beat springs with Koni FSD dampers. Or, if I can justify the extra $$, and they release a kit for the 2014 3, a CorkSport coilover kit. I like what I've read about their kit for the older 3s, but $1600 is a bit steep for a car that gets this many miles put on it every year.

Do you know the specs on the mods done to the 3?

Do you know the specs on the mods done to the 3?

Unfortunately, no.. I have no information on it whatsoever. It was just a Facebook advertisement that I came across in my news feed. The pictures caught my attention so I saved them. I'm hoping I come across it again wether it be on Facebook or somewhere else, and hopefully I can find out some additional information. Or maybe someone on here can chime in if they know anything about it. It sure is sitting pretty though!

Yes, I won't be lowering my Mazda3 that much, and I intentionally stayed away from 19" wheels. I made the mistake of going to 18" Enkei RPF1s on my 2005 Mazda3 (OEM were 17"). They looked great, but after bending the lip of my third one on the miserable roads around here, I sold them and went down to a 17" wheel.

Once again, not mine. Stole this one off of Instagram. I was actually considering doing this myself. I was curious of how it would look, and I think I like it. 18" mazdaspeed wheels. My only concern is how it would look along side the titanium flash paint. It matches up well with the red, but I'm unsure if it would be too much with my color.

Last edited:
Those first few pictures actually look photo shopped.. nice OZ wheels btw. Trailblaze :))) more aftermarket wheels, suspension mods etc! these cars are a great platform (see my build thread)!
Also if anyone would be interested in buying a JBR drop in filter; I used it for about 25mi to decide if I wanted to use my SRi or the drop for my engine tuning. I chose the sri because I love the sound, although it does hold slightly higher intake temperatures. Let me know, I can make a sale thread or post it on ebay. item here http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/sho...roducts_id=594

Those first few pictures actually look photo shopped..

That's why I put the side note. The photos uploaded glitchy and look shopped on here but I have the originals on my phone and they don't look photoshopped at all. Even when zooming way in on them. I really don't believe the pictures are edited. For whatever reason they uploaded with issues on here.

Thanks to The help of a couple of great folks from the Ohio Miata Owners group on facebook, I got my wheels finished today, I'm waiting on centercap inserts which may or may not show up.

20140426_171155.jpg

20140426_171234.jpg

20140426_171307.jpg

20140418_195455.jpg

Wheel specs are:

Motegi Traklite 1.0
17x8 45 and 17x7 42 14, 15 lbs each
powdercoated american sparkle from Prismatic Powders
Tires are Kumho Ecsta PA31 HP all seasons 215/50/17

These wheels all look great. I had a quick question. So you guys putting aftermarket wheels on...we don't use valve stem TPMS anymore correct? I just traded in my ms3 on a 2014 mz3 and have a set of rx8 wheels i plan to put on the new car but am unsure on whether or not i need the TPMS sensors that i have in them or not. I have to put tires on them anyway so i really just want to know if i can sell the sensors. lol or does everyone that has wheels on their car have the TPMS light on?

You don't need those TPMS sensors from the RX-8 wheels, DuoofDeath1. They're not used in the new 3.

Latest posts

Back